The Navy up the canal

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Canaldrifter, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any ideas when and where ???

Answer in the image url

2. Seems a lot of crew for such a small vessel 8O
  3. P292 is HMS Charger, an URNU vessel based in Liverpool, so I guess they may be best placed to advised if the picture was taken on the Manchester ship canal or somewhere more exotic.
  4. middies being trained for "inland fishery protection" duties when we get down to the RIB's in acouple of months!!
  5. probably on naval recruitment, they had a few of these quite a few years ago. One I heard was made to look like a submarine... 8O
  6. In the present climate is this going to be the new flagship once all vessels have been put into mothballs/sold-off?
  7. What about this then????

8. I rest my case.... :lol:
  9. Ships and boats open to visitors!
  10. Oooo it reminds me of the RNXS.... Not so good on choppy water... all that scran down your oilskins... :oops: :(

They're like bouncy castles!!! Minus the fun! :wink: :lol:
  11. Bloody hell! Who dhobeyed the Navy at too high a temperature? Come on, own up! :lol:

I like your black pig Canaldrifter! Does it dive? :wink:
  12. Where did you get those FUTURE piccys of the RN FLEET ? :D
  13. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I hope someone has contacted 1SL, he may be interested in recommissioning those two craft, small crew, dry dockable in a small garage and none of those expensive weapon system thingies :lol:
  14. Well, no more worries about shortages of manpower if we use these then :wink:
  15. Which rating is in charge of the fleet ? one on the left or right ? :lol:
  16. Neither... it's the women with specs exiting her Flagship HMS Mothballs whilst glancing at her only boat, HMS Lonely
  17. Would we still need the RFA ? to top up supplies , like coal !!!!!
  18. Nice one AAC, would she be the Captain of her ship(s) ? or have all commissions and ranks been moth balled as well !!
  19. Nah, you don't need coal - we could utilise all that bovine flatulence that a Minister states is causing global warming.... come to think of it, why don't they bag that coming from the Houses of C/L daily ....... ?
  20. Cherie ?????????????? :D :D