The Navy News - only joking

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Make it more interesting for the readers. Tell it like it is.

[​IMG]

2. Nice one! Mind what would Swop Drafts look like?????????????

xxx would like a swop draft to Diego Garcia to get away from Nagging Wife and 2 screaming rug rats?????

3. :-D BNM ... you've obviously go too much time on your hands!

4. MG

Pre-Nightshift bored-bored-bored. Hey! I have just put the
    Lat/Long under your avatar into Google Earth and it would
    seem that you are dead and currently residing in a cemetery.

Can't be right....

This advert currently displayed on my RR Home Page. Updated
    a touch......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. If you look to see where the cemetary is located ... you aint far wrong! Average age over here would give Medusala a run for their money!

6. Who's Medusala? Would I want a run ashore with them, with or without their money?

7. Methuselah (Hebrew: מְתוּשֶׁלַח / מְתוּשָׁלַח, Modern Mətušélaḥ / Mətušálaḥ Tiberian Məṯûšélaḥ / Məṯûšālaḥ ; "Man of the dart/spear", or alternatively "his death shall bring"[citation needed]) is the oldest person whose age is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. Extra-biblical tradition maintains that he died on the 11th of Cheshvan of the year 1656 (Anno Mundi, after Creation), at the age of 969, seven days before the beginning of the Great Flood.[1] According to Rashi on Genesis 7:4, God delayed the Flood specifically because of the seven days of mourning in honor of the righteous Methuselah. Methuselah was the son of Enoch and the grandfather of Noah.
    The name Methuselah is commonly used to refer to any living organism reaching great age.

Care of Wiki

8. Just another bit of useless information apart from pub quizzes.

Two people who did not die in the Bible
    Answer

The two people in the Bible who never died are Enoch and Elijah:-

Gen 5:21-24 KJV And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: [v. 22] And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: [v. 23] And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: [v. 24] And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Heb 11:5 KJV By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

2Ki 2:1,11 KJV And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal... And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Read more: Which people in the Bible did not die

9. Aye - A good egg & we all called him "Meths" for short. :wink: :roll:

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Quality BNM, top photoshopping!!!!!

You should start a photoshopping thread and stick all your creations in it.

11. Well I knew they were in service a long time ago but didn't realise they were into transporting ancient religious deities.

So we've got Mr Magee reaching out and touching the face of God and we've got Elijah being transported to Heaven in some clapped out helicopter. What other aviation conveyances are we going to see being used to placate the heavenly bodies? (PS: I don't think bombing the Taliban counts under this banner).

Edited to add: I think I've found a photo of Elijah on his way. He's obviously copied a few religious poses from his mate, JC and is off on his trip to Heaven:

[​IMG]

Sacreligious? Moi? Surely not :-D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You would be better advised...... not to hand signal Roger, in the winchex Pontius!!!! and put both hands on your toggle (strop) Sir:angel7::laughing2::laughing2:

13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. :laughing2: :laughing2: :laughing2:

I rolling over laughing!!!!! Pie vending machine. WAFUland!!! :laughing2:

15. Wish I could see what every one was laughing about! Damn work system filters out anything from him!

16. it will be worth the wait mate, well its cracked me up anyway!

17. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

BNM - Is the advert for Crab Air Traffickers in the Sep edition your work as well?

Is it just me or is it odd to see an ad encouraging people to join the Crabs in an RN paper?....

18. Is there a reward or something? Sure I saw this bloke on Crimewatch last week.

[​IMG]

19. :laughing2::laughing2:Nice one with the Navy News BNM..... Wonder how long it will be before the Editors of the real Navy News have a pop at you????:evil3: