The Naval Engineer, Spring 2013

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Mar 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sol, do they still produce The Review Of Naval Engineering aka RNE? It was produced by Collingwood and was a good little tech rag. An online liny would be nice!

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You are / were looking at it. The Review of Naval Engineering morphed into the Naval Engineer. Now comes with gratuitous pictures of sailors in CS95 and carrying personal weapons. Look at me, my gun and my post nominal letters. I seem to recall a recent article that had sweet F A to do with engineering. The author may have been Training Management. I haven't yet assessed how guilty the linked version is.

The blue cover Readers Digest type, 'Journal of Naval Engineering' is on line and has been for a while (at least ancient editions are because it's Protectively Marked) try : Journal of Naval Engineering (JNE) but not with Firefox. JNE is often a head exploding read and isn't big on humour.

3. Thanks for that! From some of the technical content in that edition of NE I thought the JNE had morphed into that!

Nice to read about Paddy Parvin............ I have stories!

4. I have a few on him as well.:)

5. Wrecker - pm inbound!

6. Received and responded.

Just noticed the name of one of the Captain's whose on the editors list, an ex-MEO of mine. Less said the better, I had many any "interesting" conversation with him.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013