Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Naked Rambler.(free at last!)

DutyFlunky

Midshipman
Naked Rambler Stephen Gough has walked free from prison after spending 657 days locked up.

The 53-year-old said he was looking forward to seeing his children for the first time in years.
A naked Mr Gough was spoken to by police as he was freed from Perth Prison, but was allowed to go on his way in an apparent shift in policy from Tayside Police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...entral- 18873631

A truly remarkable tale. Long Live the Naked Rambler. Anybody ever seen this man of the wild?And you know what, he's got a point. Why shouldn't he be naked in public if that is what he wants? It seems he's just doing it on a stubborn point of principle now. Its not something I'd choose to do, but he's essentially being locked up for making a lifestyle choice that does absolutely nobody any harm. So for being harmlessly different. And that just isn't right.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It's not something I'd choose to do, but he's essentially being locked up for making a lifestyle choice that does absolutely nobody any harm. So for being harmlessly different. And that just isn't right.

That very same argument has been used by sex offenders for decades; "...they're not perverts, they're just exercising their lifestyle choice." (I'm not suggesting Mr. Gough is a sex offender, but the analogy remains). Now I'm all for free speech and expression of free will but if the law says you cannot do something then you have to comply. The overarching rights of the majority in a society will always overrule the rights of the individual, so as not to upset the democratic balance of harmony. Mr Gough is intelligent enough to know better, and should demonstrate his "need" to get back to nature more selectively.

Sharkey

Banned
Spot on DutyFlunky, its a lifestyle choice and we should be free to persue the lifestyle of our choice, last week on a visit to our local Arndale I got caught short, I was in the process of curling one down in a large potted palm in the entrance to "Outdoor Action" when this fat security guard, all sunglasse and attitude comes over and gets all sniify, anyway I'm up in court next week, I'll let you know how I get on. Power to the people!.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil BBC: "Naked Rambler (Ex-RM) receives longest sentence yet" The Corps 18
NZ_Bootneck Bootie Naked Rambler does more time Current Affairs 18
BE19Pilot Flying Naked Diamond Lil's 14
soleil BBC: "Naked Cyclists Pedal Through Portsmouth" Bases / Shore Est 4
labrum Naked boat? Diamond Lil's 4
BillyNoMates The naked 2-headed, 1 arsed, 4 armed, legless Rock Duo! Diamond Lil's 2
A Naked Auusie Coppers, Stand fast Thingy! The Gash Barge 2
2_deck_dash Naked Office! Diamond Lil's 18
Gombear Naked irish Mp The Gash Barge 3
sgtpepperband Semi-naked acts cheapen pop Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 33
BillyNoMates Naked roll-mat fighting (with a trombone) anyone? The Corps 0
Nails Why do Marines like to get naked? The Corps 54
P What's this naked roll mat thing? The Corps 14
5dits Naked Booties in a bar Current Affairs 30
BillyNoMates Naked people. Diamond Lil's 13
slim Landlord's rage at naked wife Diamond Lil's 7
slim Peeping tom crashes through ceiling while spying on naked gi Diamond Lil's 7
Spartan Why do the Marines liek to get naked with each other? The Corps 131
SILVER_FOX Naked lapdancing advert The Gash Barge 3
golden_rivet NAKED HARRY POTTER!!!! Diamond Lil's 8
slim NAKED WIFE BEAT UP HER HUSBAND Diamond Lil's 30
D Naked DJ! Diamond Lil's 25
MoD_RSS Adults to gain new skills on 400 free courses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS At-risk groups to receive free winter supply of vitamin D MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free flu vaccinations rolled out to over 50s from December MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Immigration Act receives Royal Assent: free movement to end on 31 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Falklands finally landmine free thanks to UK-funded team MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chatham House speech: Liz Truss sets out vision for values-driven free trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan sign free trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan sign historic free trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Ukraine sign Political, Free Trade and Strategic Partnership Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl releases free Baleen 3 data processing update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prepare for lift-off: Jet Zero Council to deliver carbon-free flight MoD News 0
D Free TV licences for the old and bold Diamond Lil's 14
MoD_RSS Duty Free extended to the EU from January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan agree historic free trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK takes major step towards membership of Trans-Pacific free trade area MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp DEE TEE FREE BEE Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Save up to £2,000 with Tax-Free Childcare in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace launches campaign to encourage everyone with symptoms to get a free test MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ride Free: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of places created in new special free schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of business advisers to offer free services to small firms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free ‘wraparound’ childcare for the armed forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free trees for angling clubs in Cambridgeshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of children to benefit from free meals and activities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Avian Influenza: UK disease-free with continued vigilance required MoD News 0
sweetpea FREE access and download from the National Archives. History 1
MoD_RSS New free online learning platform to boost workplace skills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Councils given flexibility with free childcare funding MoD News 0