The Multi Colour Swop Shop Flag?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Passed-over_Loggie, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone recognise this flag?

[​IMG]

2. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's got something to do with Diversity and Equality.

3. I think I saw one like that above a bar in Key West, oops no I didn't!

4. POL its the MoD Civilian Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Forum flag. I had to do a search on the intranet on the works comp

5. Flag of the MOD Gay, Lesbian, Transgender, Transsexual, Cross-dressing Society?

I'm serious - I assume that's why there's a rainbow?

Something to do with Greenpeace?

6. Seriously?? There is a separate flag for the forum and website? Why not the standard MOD Tri-Service background - surely that would be more inclusive?

7. Do the straight people get a Forum flag, or would that result in an inequality outcry from the hatters?

8. That's it; the LGBT Forum. I was in a bad mood for several hours.

9. I've just posted this to the committee Chair.

Dear Mr Bold,

Please excuse my language but I am seriously angry with you.

Are you trying to take the piss? You take the insignia of the three Armed Forces under which straight and gay men and women are fighting and dying and you stick it on that ******* multi-coloured flag. You think you are being clever but I can tell you right now that gay service peronnel will not be impressed. You have shit on their names and on their service to this country.

Don't tell me, none of you on that committee has been anywhere near a uniform never mind active service.

What a ******* disgrace.

My Real Name (ex Royal Marines Commando 1974-86)

And now I'm angry with myself for allowing the twat to wind me up. :evil:

11. Well I have to say the flag is really bright and very colourful. It strikes me as more the sort of flag that would be better shown in a school classroom, to attempt to promote the armed forces to our more 'junior citizens'.

I'm not suggesting of course that we commence the recruitment of child soldiers, of course! But I would seriously recommend to the MOD that such a flag be used to create a favourable impression upon youngsters. Let the LGBT forums use the standard emblem like the professional servicemen and women that they are.

12. Thanks for drawing this to our attention Loggie. BZ Harry. And Peter Thanks too! :smile:

PS: I was 16 when I joined the ROC: does that make me a child warrior!? :???: I was definitely an adult... well sort of... at least I thought I was! Though perhaps taking my teddy bear to bed with me may have raised eyebrows... :oops: :grin: :grin:

13. Not really, AAC, that just makes you an average recruit. My Dad joined up at sixteen, as did my Grandad, and my Uncle, and my other Grandad, and as did my Step-Dad. It should therefore come as no surprise to you that I ran away to enroll...at university. :???:

When I was talking about child soldiers, I was actually referring to the ten year old blighters running around high on crack cocaine in the war-torn jungles of Central Africa.