The Monarchy

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Abdication?

Watching the news this morning, I see that Queen Beatrix of Cloglandia is (probably)
    about to knock her job on the head, and abdicate in order that one of her siblings
    can take up the post of monarch. Now, we've got the Brits bangin' on about HM the Q,
    and whether or not she should take similar Billy big-steps and hand in her notice
    so that the next one in line for the big chair can start to rule this sceptred isle.
    That's good old jug-lugs is it not? Hmmmmm.
    King Charles - it's got a good ring to it, and its been used before - but then I got
    my warped head on and started thinking.
    What if his old man had been just THAT bit more pissed when he was wetting the babies
    head and was still trying to come up with a name for the sprog at the time eh?
    I mean - him being a head honcho in the Royal Navy, he must've had a sense of humour
    because he's as mad as a box of frogs these days. I reckon he should have got hold
    of the Birth Certificate and christened his sprog "Kong" (knowing full well that he'd
    get rated up to King some day).
    I would have loved to have seen any dignitary, politician or foreign Head of State
    trying to keep a straight face as they toasted and hosted our visiting royalty at
    their random official banquets;
    "My lords, Ladies and gentlemen - I give you.......King Kong!"

Now that would cheer up this countrys dowtrodden population no end.

2. Could have Christened him Dick, King Dick...20,000 spanners can't be wrong!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Only one problem with Charlie being king is would we have to put up with his moose being queen