The Modern R.N.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by (granny), Aug 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

As a certified 'oldie' can anyone tell me what it is like in a mixed sex service? What is life like at sea in these circumstances? The opinion in the 50's was that every sailor should have a wren as part of his kit!! What would we do now, we ancient ones?
  2. Im with you awaiting aswers....
  3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

You are, Sir, Quite clearly fishing or intoxicated. Can I suggest you retire to consider your question which is lame in the least.

4. Hey, Wave Dodger, instead of being a prat, why not just try to answer his question, it would make things a lot easier.
  5. Hello Hig.
  6. This question has been asked many times, I`m quite sure that there is a thread about it somewhere, but be careful on here what you ask, cos like me you will be ripped up for arsepaper for being old, by those that know not of what they speak.

Now watch the shit fly.
  7. Norman a (granny)??, is he like that transexual female Janet who while halfway through her 'change' to John gave birth to a sprog, no breast is best for that poor sod as she'd (he'd) had 'em lopped off.
    We should be told!
    Outraged of Little Middling in the Masrh
  8. Shut up you old @#$% :dwarf: *

*Calm down it's a joke :bow:
  9. I said hello Hig!!!
  10. Hello Hig.
  11. That's two hellos Hig, don't be a sourpuss.
  12. (granny)

Strange isn't it. A serious question asked and look what you get. Maybe the answer to my question lies in the answers. After being retired and out of touch for 34 years I am just curious. What on earth has my nickname got to do with anything?
  13. because it smells like someone searching for a daily mail headline - "wrens at sea a distraction say sailors"....

Honestly I'm not sure what you want us to say, do you not work with women on a day to day basis?
  14. (granny)

onI do apologise to those who seem offended by my enquiry. Believe me it was asked in the best of intentions. Maybe their is something that should not be delved into in the Modern Navy. I shan't be upset if the subject is now closed. As an 'oldie' I find that the older I get the more nostalgic I become. Does anyone else have this hankering for the past lives we led?
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You answered your own question... :roll: :sleepy:
  17. Granny

You may just be a Jouno or a a regular walt such as Norman just using his/her 427th. name. You ask a very leading question which can be controversial yet you are still unknown, have not commented on any other subject nor revealed by any means your previous Pussers history.

Until you have established some credibility people will not respond to such questions and possibly not even then.

18. (granny)

onThank you 'nutty', I can see the sense in your reply. What can I say. I joined in 1951 and spent the next 23 years having, mainly, a good trip around the world. Been to some amazing places, and I'm not talking about the Fleet Canteen in Port Said. Was on Landing Craft during the Suez crisis. The nickname is one that I recieved because of my name, not as a comment on my attitude to life!! Have only just got onto the net and found what I have missed all these years. At 75 I am still on a learning curve, so folks out there please be kind to a 'lonely' old ex Chief G.I. You know that we were such nice guys really. We had to be hard... to be kind!!!
  19. (granny)

onI have been on a couple of sites... The Official No one and the length of service bit.
  20. (granny)

I don't know how the 'on' appears at the begining of my messages?