The Minister for.............

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by higthepig, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We now have it that Margaret Hodge may be rascist for saying that our own population should have access to housing before Asylum Seekers, Can someone tell me why?

People born and bred in this Country can`t get Council Housing, yet an Asylum seeker goes to the top of the list.

This Country is not going to the dogs. It has gone.

You`re an Ex Serviceman, you dont matter.
  2. If you are an ENGLISH ex serviceman you matter even less!

Keep Striving
  3. Quoting Queen Elizabeth the First on being told there was no money to provide hospices for sailors.
    'They will have to rot in the streets then'
    Not a lot as changed really, it is just done a little more out of sight now.
  4. I've seen the quote from Keith Vaz, but he's well practiced at stating the bleeding obvious. Of course some people are going to be offended by what she says, equally some people are offended by what he says sometimes.

She should be allowed to state her opinion without some odious little oik who happens to have a similar job pontificating about it.
  5. But why is she Rascist?

Is it cos I`s black.
  6. Haven't seen the allegation, so one is unable to comment.
  7. Read the Papers, its in them all.
  8. For every newspaper printed daily seven trees have to die.

Hug a tree kiss a whale you know it makes sense.
  9. Every time you play your CDs, you`re offing a Whale, take care.
  10. But is there anyone more than Keith Vaz taking offense?

He takes offense at pretty much anything that anyone says so it's all a bit tired from him.
  11. I cannot understand why the minister has been branded racist. She used the word English, now I know many English people who are not white, however they were born here and are entitled to be called English. Colour has sweet FA to do with being English.
  12. I really do not see what could be considered even remotely racist or offensive to anyone about Hodges’ statement or stance on this issue. Those who have come to the UK looking for freebies and expect to have the right to jump queues are probably annoyed like hell that it has even been suggested. As always the race card is being played and funny old thing - Vaz is there to play it with bugger all substance to back it up. He just likes the sound of his own voice and is trying to score points.

IMHO Hodge is incredibly brave for coming out with this. Most Politicians would shy away from making any statement which could cost them votes or result in negative publicity.

She is of course absolutely right. Why shouldn't those who have invested their lives in this country come first on the housing (and other) schemes? No other country on the planet would give so much to people who leave their own countries to seek a better life elsewhere, at least not without letting them show that they're prepared to work for it.

Good for her.