Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The mighty RNAC

I Presume when all these newbies go on about the RNAC what they are talking about is a " Royal Navy aquaint Course" is this true?

If so what the fcuk is going on with the young thrusters of today? Do they need to be shown how to badly iron clothes and look a bag of shite? do they need to be shown how to shamble around in a loose gaggle of people? Jeez, are the standards of the prospective candidates so high now people have to be introduced and trained to keep depressingly low standards ? :twisted:

X.R.D

War Hero
wet_blobby said:
I Presume when all these newbies go on about the RNAC what they are talking about is a " Royal Navy aquaint Course" is this true?

If so what the fcuk is going on with the young thrusters of today? Do they need to be shown how to badly iron clothes and look a bag of shite? do they need to be shown how to shamble around in a loose gaggle of people? Jeez, are the standards of the prospective candidates so high now people have to be introduced and trained to keep depressingly low standards ? :twisted:

Here fishy fishy

:nemo: :nemo:

X.R.D

War Hero
wet_blobby said:
Oh please, you'll be having me accusing some of these Jonahs as being thick as a whale next...... :p

Stop it man your having me in stitches!!! :D :D

My untimely arrival back onto this site is due to work being a bit on the slow side for a few weeks.

TimeToJoinUp

War Hero
From what I'm led to believe, the biggest issue is that some of the 17/18 year olds can't run 2.4km in less than 11 mins. The RNAC allows the RN and the candidate to get a heads up on this issue before they turn up to RALEIGH and waste everyone's time when they get sent straight back home again.

I suppose it also keeps them interested during their 24 month wait to join!

boxy

Lantern Swinger
TimeToJoinUp said:
From what I'm led to believe, the biggest issue is that some of the 17/18 year olds can't run 2.4km in less than 11 mins. The RNAC allows the RN and the candidate to get a heads up on this issue before they turn up to RALEIGH and waste everyone's time when they get sent straight back home again.

I suppose it also keeps them interested during their 24 month wait to join!

well that didnt stop a 20 stone chick from getting to raleigh doing her first 2.4km and failing it multiple times, now if thats not wasting everyones time then i dont know what, as soon as she turned up everyone knew what was going to happen, my point is that with the pre fitness test how the hell can people like that get through the selection process.

i think the RN should make the RNAC like the PRMC so we can weed out the wasters first and to stop taking valuable places for other people that are up to the requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Mighty engine brings HMS Queen Elizabeth to life MoD News 2
S The Mighty 'O' to Refit in Guzz Current Affairs 0
soleil Mail: "Languishing In Arizona, Our Once-Mighty Fleet Of Harriers..." The Fleet Air Arm 1
C Seriously considering rejoining the mighty RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
soleil Mail: 'Victory Is Mine: Our Man In The Rigging Helps Tear Apart Nelson's Mighty Ship' Bases / Shore Est 2
tommo Mighty Bulwark in Landan doing some snizzle vid The Fleet 0
soleil Navy News: "Mighty O Sails Into Rio" The Fleet 10
scouse Queen Mary 2 Then the Mighty Lusty The Fleet Air Arm 2
F AH The Mighty Fine ! Diamond Lil's 34
scouse Mighty Lusty grown to Nimitz class? Current Affairs 25
JamesH The mighty (Lego) hood -- 56K go put the kettle on! Diamond Lil's 15
scouse The Mighty Lusty at liverpool Current Affairs 102
scouse the mighty lusty returns to port The Fleet Air Arm 30
H Mighty are the fallen? Current Affairs 6
Joint_Force_Harrier The Mighty 801 Naval Fighter Squadron The Fleet Air Arm 85
M The Mighty T Submariners 15
O RNAC(S)/ PRNC 21 October 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Genghis My account of events at PRNC (RNAC) at HMS Collingwood Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Cameroon..James99 Fitness after completing the PRNC/RNAC Joining the Royal Navy 4
Y Rnac this monday fareham Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
alexissonice RNAC best mess Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 71
M HMS Collingwood - RNAC - 30th of September 2013 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R RNAC Vid Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
G RNAC 16th April Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
R RNAC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
B Rnac ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R Anyone going on RNAC course at HMS Collingwood 26th September? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
L RNAC monday 5th - PRNC pass/fail awareness Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
R Rnac: basic skills assessment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Illuminati RNAC september Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A RNAC HMS Collingwood - New Course??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B Rnac compulsory. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
imperial RNAC HMS Caledonia - May 2011 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Soothsayer Got My RNAC date, but can I change it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
fishface Anyone on the RPC/RNAC at Collingwood on 29/10/2010? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
B RNAC, PJFT followed by PT B? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A Interview after RNAC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Countyroadkopite RNAC -HMS CALEDONIA 4th october Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
Si_Novice RNAC - Got to do it Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
M RNAC August 30th Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
R RNAC. 12.07.10 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
R rnac and raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
lloydie Wanting to do the RNAC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
masterchef RNAC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
B Just got back from rnac in HMS Collingwood Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
BFC_69 RNAC - 8th November Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C RNAC Culdrose 13th-16th sept. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B RNAC 21st June Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
E RNAC - 17th may Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
burnsy85 RNAC - 3RD OF MAY Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24