The Marines are coming!!

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Greendeath, Oct 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

..........and there was me thinking you lived the life of luxury on some Caribbean island after earning a fortune on your memoirs of life in the Corps, but alas you live in a shitehole up north.............life's a bitch eh mate?....... :dwarf:

2. The wages of sin are indeed Death....well living in Hartlepools pretty close.

I didn't realise there was much call for Ninja Authors in Hartlepoo

(L deliberately left off :bball: )

This could go off. Fingers crossed.

3. At a TA center?????? No wonder some people think they are
    Percy pongos :dwarf:

4. Hartlepool... doesn't that have a connection with Lord Mandy? o_O

5. Monkeyhangers - R - Us.

6. Aye Hartlepool, not a bad place really lads.

We hung the monkey, and later made the town's football team monkey mascot, the ferking mayor!!

Never mind, at least Royal sees some value in investing here.

On the up here, that's for sure.

Cheers

GD

7. I did a 3 month stint in the careers office there many moons ago, (222 York Road ?) It was a joint RN army office with the army guy being an old (V old) cavalry SSgt. I remember that in order to fail the army entry test you almost had to have forgotten your name!

IMD

8. I know the place, I joined up there.

Its a cane furniture shop now as they moved the careers office elsewhere out of town some years ago.

Cheers

GD

9. Is that a euphemism?
    :thumright:

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nothing like a euphonium... :wink:

[​IMG]

11. Bet that takes alot of blowing!

12. Good news - Hartlepool will be great for Royal's morale and training. After spending a few days in that shitehole even Kabul or Basra will seem preferable :bball:

RM :thumright:

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

How apt for this forum.

14. Big, shiny, loud and full of hot wind?

15. Don't forget, they made the monkey the Mayor. He doesn't look the slightest bit flustered, even though there's plenty of more rope left for him!!

Maybe its because he wasn't hungover, when he made the positive decision to endorse the opening of the RMR centre here!! Good lad. :thumright:

Cheers

GD

16. As Ive said before , I was once drafted to REserve Fleet in Hartlepool. We were on R.A. at Seaton Crew . The culture shock was so traumatic that im still in deep therapy[ Ill get the hang of the caps lock one day]

17. There's a couple of guys who are training with me in Ninjutsu at the moment. One of them is extremely keen to join the RMR once it sets up its operation in Hartlepool. He's keen and enthusiastic about the forthcoming challenges, as a a fair number of other young men I know.

At the end of the day, its all looking positive.

Best Wishes

GD