The loss of HMS Sheffield

Fletch

Badgeman
Always_a_Civvy said:
I've just read your message. I'm going to miss seeing you Andy as I work adjacent to Portcullis House. The Palace is a 10 minute walk away. I'll be there this afternoon for a meeting.

Some other time perhaps?

Steve.
Yeah !!! Maybe a pint in The St. Stephen's Tavern Wednesday next week !!! ?
 
Fletch said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
I've just read your message. I'm going to miss seeing you Andy as I work adjacent to Portcullis House. The Palace is a 10 minute walk away. I'll be there this afternoon for a meeting.

Some other time perhaps?

Steve.
Yeah !!! Maybe a pint in The St. Stephen's Tavern Wednesday next week !!! ?
That would be OK. What sort of time do you have in mind?

Also if any other Rum Rationers are around they could perhaps come along?
 

Fletch

Badgeman
Always_a_Civvy said:
Fletch said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
I've just read your message. I'm going to miss seeing you Andy as I work adjacent to Portcullis House. The Palace is a 10 minute walk away. I'll be there this afternoon for a meeting.

Some other time perhaps?

Steve.
Yeah !!! Maybe a pint in The St. Stephen's Tavern Wednesday next week !!! ?
That would be OK. What sort of time do you have in mind?

Also if any other Rum Rationers are around they could perhaps come along?
Any time after 17.00 Hrs. Steve !! Any other's welcome, YES !!!
 
Fletch said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Fletch said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
I've just read your message. I'm going to miss seeing you Andy as I work adjacent to Portcullis House. The Palace is a 10 minute walk away. I'll be there this afternoon for a meeting.

Some other time perhaps?

Steve.
Yeah !!! Maybe a pint in The St. Stephen's Tavern Wednesday next week !!! ?
That would be OK. What sort of time do you have in mind?

Also if any other Rum Rationers are around they could perhaps come along?
Any time after 17.00 Hrs. Steve !! Any other's welcome, YES !!!
Fletch,

That suits me fine. I'll post a mini-notice notiying any London Rum Rationers... I'll be in smart casual... I'll post what I'll be wearing on RR on the day! See you then!

GR, you are welcome to join us if you wish!

Steve.
 

Fletch

Badgeman
golden_rivet said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
A_a_C and Fletch

Are you lads aware of the PM function? It's ever so good.

... and how would the rest of us know about it if they did that ?????
Sorry chaps !! Just "grabbing the moment" if you see what I mean !!!.

But, as it says above, at least people know there is a chance of a whet/mini-run in the Smoke !!!

This is a tradition that has been going on for a LONG while aboard www.mylostoppos.com where some of us SUVVERNERS have the craic a bit further up the road in The Shades and have 2 "proper" weekend runs a year (1 Spring & 1 Autumn) where the Ship's Company (along with the mem sahibs if they so desire !) gets to play the big OD again !!!

It's surprising just HOW QUICKLY one can fall back into Pusser's Routine and venacular even at some of our advanced ages !!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :twisted:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Loss of HMS Sheffield Current Affairs 3
S Help Needed - Loss of HMS Sheffield History 29
A Great loss .Gentlemen of HMS Puma The Quarterdeck 2
soleil Four Weeks In May - The Loss Of HMS Coventry - David Hart Dyke - Special Offer History 1
soleil Royal Gazette: "HMS Malabar’s Last Commanding Officer Laments The Loss Of Crests" Bases / Shore Est 5
soleil Telegraph: David Hart Dyke, The Captain Of HMS Coventry, On The Loss Of His Ship History 16
soleil Loss of HMS Royal Oak, 13th/14th October 1939 History 3
MoD_RSS Report 05/2020: Loss of brake control on a sleeper train approaching Edinburgh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Boeing 737-86N, unstable approach and loss of altitude on go around MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 17/2019: Loss of safety critical signalling data on the Cambrian Coast line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter, loss of control during hover MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Boeing 737-4Q8, Partial loss of electrical power on approach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Agusta Westland AW189, loss of visual references MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Loss of brake control on a passenger train approaching Edinburgh Waverley MoD News 0
C Hearing loss. Health & Fitness 1
MoD_RSS News story: AAIB report: Boeing 737 and Airbus A320, loss of separation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Aerospace ATP, loss of electrical power MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Update 4: AAIB investigation into the loss of aircraft N264DB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Update 3: AAIB investigation into the loss of aircraft N264DB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: AAIB investigation into the loss of aircraft N264DB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New law supports all families who suffer the loss of a child MoD News 0
J Getting deselected from promotion and loss of earning Health & Fitness 5
M Weight Loss Health & Fitness 14
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: detect and treat hearing loss and tinnitus MoD News 0
muskovardo Any advice for last minute weight loss? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
J At a loss - please help... looking for Navy personal in Norfolk... Nearest & Dearest 4
trelawney126 Memory Loss Miscellaneous 0
alfred_the_great Loss of Paragraphs Site Issues 10
soleil Pompey News: "‘It Was An Awful Loss – But What We Did Freed Falklands’ History 0
Bad CO Loss of Formatting Buttons Site Issues 0
D Weight Loss Health & Fitness 56
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Loss Prevention Manager The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Defense News (US): Loss Of Carrier Strike Capability Top Concern Of Royal Navy Chief Current Affairs 2
A Navy loss 1845 History 1
soleil "Development Of A Royal Navy Online Weight Loss Programme" Health & Fitness 7
T Fat Loss, Muscle Gain? Too few calories? Health & Fitness 15
BARNEYRNSM Noise induced hearing loss Submariners 77
frogman007 Sad loss of a diving legend. Current Affairs 6
soleil Herald: "Job Loss Fears For Dockyard With Axing Of Frigates" Current Affairs 0
S A Loss To Motor Racing Diamond Lil's 4
B Weight loss Health & Fitness 17
C Inquiry blames Captain for Loss of HMAS Sydney History 2
finknottle I am at a loss to understand this Site Issues 9
tommo RIP Another Sad Loss Current Affairs 0
finknottle Another Tragic Loss Current Affairs 8
The_Jimmy New Weight Loss Program Health & Fitness 1
WhizzbangDai Loss of cannon pods on Harrier? The Fleet Air Arm 35
M MoD memory loss Current Affairs 8
Bergen Loss Of B-2 Tail #89-0127 Diamond Lil's 0
NotmeChief Loss of Submarine A8 History 5
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top