The longest time ashore ( Culdrose or whatever)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
bumblebee said:
Am compiling a list recording the longest period of time a Royal Naval Officer or rating has spent ashore as a proportion of his/her naval service.
I currently have two 100 per cent's for officers having served over 30 years. 30 years and never once been to sea. Well!! Let me know.
No names just details please.
I've just heard that a WO at Yeovilton, retiring shortly, has spent the past 13 and a half years there.
Where have all our taxes gone?

So how's your list coming on? Or was this thread another one of your pointless bites? :roll:

bumblebee

Banned
sgtpepperband said:
bumblebee said:
Am compiling a list recording the longest period of time a Royal Naval Officer or rating has spent ashore as a proportion of his/her naval service.
I currently have two 100 per cent's for officers having served over 30 years. 30 years and never once been to sea. Well!! Let me know.
I've just heard that a WO at Yeovilton, retiring shortly, has spent the past 13 and a half years there.

So how's your list coming on? Or was this thread another one of your pointless bites? :roll:
He tells me, obliquely, that he now holds the record that out of his 31 years service he has still never once served at sea .

bumblebee said:
sgtpepperband said:
bumblebee said:

He tells me, obliquely, that he now holds the record that out of his 31 years service he has still never once served at sea .
My friend a Chief Photographer who is married to a Helston girl spent the last 14 years of his service at Culdrose. He tellls me that during his 25 years service he spent but two periods of about eight months afloat. [i]Join the navy and see the world [/i]