Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Lock-Down thread 2020.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Here's the place to file all your reports, grumblings and ideas
from all you lot both serving and ex wherever you may now be on this plague ridden sphere we all call home.

I well remember the day a letter arrived telling me I had passed the Scholarship exam.
That night, and for the next week, nearly, my mother and I spent in the Anderson shelter in the garden whilst Plymouth was blown to smithereens by the Luftwaffe.
Told not to go out due to some influenza bug--Heaven!

My shower unit has just gone tits up. Seeing as we only have a wet room (no bath),
I'm now valiantly attempting to get plumbers/electricians sourced as well as a replacement shower unit before me and her start to stink the house up.
Wouldn't bother me much but WolfPack...... well, let's say she wasn't happy this morning when the shower packed in with her in it covered in soap'n'shampoo.
Rinsed her down with a measuring jug from the kitchen.
Today is going to cost me a pretty penny.

My shower unit has just gone tits up. Seeing as we only have a wet room (no bath),
I'm now valiantly attempting to get plumbers/electricians sourced as well as a replacement shower unit before me and her start to stink the house up.
Wouldn't bother me much but WolfPack...... well, let's say she wasn't happy this morning when the shower packed in with her in it covered in soap'n'shampoo.
Rinsed her down with a measuring jug from the kitchen.
Today is going to cost me a pretty penny.
All you need is a garden hose, a plastic bucket,, with lots of holes drilled in the bottom, suspended from the ceiling and she'll be none the wiser.

It's usually just myself working from home or perhaps the Mrs as well on the odd occasion.
Now we have both the Mrs & Me full time WFH plus the 12 year old (youngest daughter) using Distance Learning and MS Teams for her school lessons (credit to the school to be fair)
That being said I was on a Teams meeting at 11am and the bandwidth problems were causing merry hell, guess the whole street is working from home as well as us, plus others kids gaming :mad:

All you need is a garden hose, a plastic bucket,, with lots of holes drilled in the bottom, suspended from the ceiling and she'll be none the wiser.

Currently trying to get it all done, without the need for unnecessary travel, finding suppliers that have the relevant stuff immediately, whilst maintaining social distancing and getting trades in to do the work safely and without risk.
At this time I have a tradesman who is classified by HMG as essential digging out like ten in my wet room. He has had to visit trade counters to purchase the gear, enter my property and work in my bathroom with his face mask on and we're all trying to do it within the parameters laid down by Boris the Bold at half eight last night.
Life is strange.

Not being able to go to the pub 3 or 4 times a week has an effect on my bowel movements.

No draught beer has resulted in my turds being much firmer and, (for want of a better word), "cleaner".

This means a massive reduction in the amount of bog paper I use. At this point I reckon one bog roll will last about a month :oops:

I wonder if any of the panic buyers of bog roll are experiencing something similar?
I fucking hope they're constipated to be honest.

Gorgeous day though, got the conservatory folding doors open listening to the birdies, just cleaned out the fridge and stacked it all neatly, done the laundry and hung it out................................need to be careful here or it will be expected post coronovirus ;)

That being said I was on a Teams meeting at 11am and the bandwidth problems were causing merry hell, guess the whole street is working from home as well as us, plus others kids gaming
Just came off an hour long Teams meeting with 11 of us and sharing screens - no issues. Well apart for one dodgy microphone, some one using speakers and giving high pitched feedback and the battery in someones fire alarm peeping every 3 minutes whilst he was trying to explain accounts and accruals (I hate accounts and accruals).

Not being able to go to the pub 3 or 4 times a week has an effect on my bowel movements.

No draught beer has resulted in my turds being much firmer and, (for want of a better word), "cleaner".

This means a massive reduction in the amount of bog paper I use. At this point I reckon one bog roll will last about a month :oops:

I wonder if any of the panic buyers of bog roll are experiencing something similar?
I fucking hope they're constipated to be honest.

I know that some people do not like eating porridge as they say it is like eating wallpaper paste why would you taste WP paste ? but I have it for brekkie every day apart from friday when I go to the pub . Keeps me regular and
no strain to get it out. Cheap as chips , 75p for a plaggy 1KG bag , I make it with one cup milk and one half cup of water.

I know that some people do not like eating porridge as they say it is like eating wallpaper paste why would you taste WP paste ? but I have it for brekkie every day apart from friday when I go to the pub . Keeps me regular and
no strain to get it out. Cheap as chips , 75p for a plaggy 1KG bag , I make it with one cup milk and one half cup of water.
Normally have half a fresh grapefruit for breakfast, but no idea who may have coughed on my fruit which is open to all and sundry in the supermarket, so last two days I've been on porridge and lovely it is too ;-)

Yep - porridge for me as well - oats, protein, fills you up and you don't feel funny wearing a skirt..............................

+1 for porridge, but then I'm a Porridge Wog. It is great for cholesterol control and does keep you feeling full for longer. I put some fried fruit (sultanas or 'breakfast toppers' in the bowl with some Stevia (also good for cholesterol) the due amount of oats, top off with cow juice then 2 minutes in the micro. Ace.

Latest Threads