The late dt018a9667

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by why_me_?, Apr 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of our members has asked me to post some info regarding the late dt018a9667.
    dt018a9667's real name was Dominic Thornton-Pett and he was in his early 50's when he died.
    Dom was from around the Midlands originally ( not sure exactly where but I remember him talking about the old Austin factory nearby ! ) and we met a few years ago on Trafalgar when she was having her collision damage repaired in Devonport. He was never married ( although he said he came close a few times ! ) and didn't have any children. He was at Ganges and went on to serve mainly on carriers. I think he left the service just after the Falklands ( I think he was on a Leander down there ) and finished as a PO caterer, which put him in good stead for several years in the catering industry working in hotels in Plymouth. Dom was a genuine, decent man and also very intelligent. The sad thing is that because he was quite a private person, nobody even knew he had died until the day after his funeral since he had no relatives down here in the west country ! As far as I know, there has been no collection made in his memory. I'm glad to have been able to pass on a little information about dt018a9667 on a more personal level, but if there is anything else you wish to know, I will try to find out .

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

RIP shippers, our second bereavement this week :cry:

3. Thanks Why Me for posting this info. If you wish to add any extra snippets, feel free to add them later.

Steve.

4. Dominic may your particular God be with you rest in peace Oppo.

Now you lot that is the second Bar Steward who has sneak over the bar whilst off duty and without submitting a request form to Cross the Bar or proceed on their "Last Patrol". This must not happen again, all requests to become Brown Bread must be submitted to "Seacock" at least 14 days before departure. No excuses will be accepted and any person failing to comply which includes Commissioned and Warranted Officers will be reported to the "Big JOSS".

Now get turned to.

Nutty