The Last Post

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Nutty, Apr 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very nice... although obviously it's not the Last Post!

2. I prefer the Booty version on the bugle.That does bring a lump to the throat when played on an appropriate occasion.

3. It is an Italian version called "Il silenzio" written in 1965 and obviously based on the "Last Post". I also prefer the bootie version but only when played by a single bugle. I really hate it when 2/3/4 or more try to play it in unison just awful how ever well done.

Nutty

4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Isn't this the one the Yanks use too? We had a single bugler do the last post at my Dad's funeral, brilliant, not a dry eye in the place.

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I got this from Sheery as well, very disappointed when I watched it, I was expecting something a bit more basic :oops:

6. When the booties play Sunset in unison, it makes me cry faster than some twat nickin my tot. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Never heard the last post on a boat, can we place this thread in music!

8. I'm starting to see a pattern here.................

9. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Went to another funeral yesterday. Seems to be a regular occurrence these days amongst my contemporaries. After the service a Bugler played 'The Last Post', followed by 'Reveille'. Still brings a lump to the throat.
    On hearing 'Reveille' my mind went back to my early days in the RN, a Royal Marine Bugler blasting it out over the Tannoy every morning.

10. Cant aggree with you there nutty .The troop that play it at the cenataph on rememberance sunday are awesome,i will go as far to say the only ones (of course) who can do it to perfection

11. Even my worst enemy could never call me "Anchor face and all for it" I ducked and dived, dodged divisions and was always on missmusters for payment with a pocket full of chitties to cover my arse. But let me hear the Sunset Hymn by the Royals and I'll cry openly without any shame whatsoever

12. I didnt have to duck and dive for 95% of my time i was BLUE CARD never hardly wore my NO1s only ovies but to hear sunset last post by the royals more so now big lump tears at times