The Last Post

It is an Italian version called "Il silenzio" written in 1965 and obviously based on the "Last Post". I also prefer the bootie version but only when played by a single bugle. I really hate it when 2/3/4 or more try to play it in unison just awful how ever well done.

Nutty

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Isn't this the one the Yanks use too? We had a single bugler do the last post at my Dad's funeral, brilliant, not a dry eye in the place.

Nutty said:
It is an Italian version called "Il silenzio" written in 1965 and obviously based on the "Last Post". I also prefer the bootie version but only when played by a single bugle. I really hate it when 2/3/4 or more try to play it in unison just awful how ever well done.

Nutty
When the booties play Sunset in unison, it makes me cry faster than some twat nickin my tot. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

(granny)

Banned
Book Reviewer
Went to another funeral yesterday. Seems to be a regular occurrence these days amongst my contemporaries. After the service a Bugler played 'The Last Post', followed by 'Reveille'. Still brings a lump to the throat.
On hearing 'Reveille' my mind went back to my early days in the RN, a Royal Marine Bugler blasting it out over the Tannoy every morning.

Cant aggree with you there nutty .The troop that play it at the cenataph on rememberance sunday are awesome,i will go as far to say the only ones (of course) who can do it to perfection

Even my worst enemy could never call me "Anchor face and all for it" I ducked and dived, dodged divisions and was always on missmusters for payment with a pocket full of chitties to cover my arse. But let me hear the Sunset Hymn by the Royals and I'll cry openly without any shame whatsoever

I didnt have to duck and dive for 95% of my time i was BLUE CARD never hardly wore my NO1s only ovies but to hear sunset last post by the royals more so now big lump tears at times

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sea-man Submariners 7
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Site Issues 7
Chaz Miscellaneous 19