The Joys of Plymouth Nightlife

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by whitewaters, Apr 30, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good to see they've published phots

2. It strikes me that the judge has cut them an awful amount of slack just because they claim not to speak very good English. I think they should have gone to jail in the first instance rather than let them fanny around on a suspended sentence. Methinks they are either very thick or very clever, most likely the latter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. just a minor point; why don't we deport the buggers?

4. But what about their human rights? Not to mention the fact it might hurt their feelings/deter their friends from coming over to contribute to society.

• Like Like x 1
  5. With all the service men stationed in and around Guzz, it begs the question " Why are these aresoles still capable of walking" In my service days 1960's they would have been dealt with long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Honestly, get a grip gubby!

It's 50 years later from your steel toecap Teddy boy justice. Did you open your net curtains during the 80's?

7. Or send them to prison, and not release them until they CAN understand English; see how quickly they get to GCSE then!

8. Well Witsend, at least with " Teddy Boy Justice " they would have received some retribution for their crimes, and is it really worth "opening my net curtains" (and yes I have still got them) to look out on a country that's full of foreigners and going downhill faster than the National Bobsleigh team.

9. witsend

And your answer is to form a lynch mob and deal out some justice. Does it stop at foreigners or will it move on to the queer folk and coloured chaps?

Where do I sign up?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Unfortunately you're quite right witsend which is a bit of a shame really, especially since Judge Jeremy Griggs is doing such a fantastic job of dishing out his so called "justice".

If this was the other way around it would no doubt be a racially motivated attack on a poor hard working member of society trying to better himself while visiting our strange foreign land. There are no excuses for this, especially one as pathetic as not knowing the language.

Judge Jeremy Griggs said: “Orders of the court are to be honoured. But for the fact that English is not your mother tongue, I would impose both immediate prison sentences on you. You are both thorough nuisances.”

Which translates as "If English isn't your first language then feel free to do what you want. No need to respect our legal system, armed forces or worry about proper punishment. Feel free to claim some benefits though and be sure to take advantage of our NHS (who provide translators at the tax payers' expense). Now run along you little tinkers. I have some community service to dish out to a couple of rapists".

11. I've nothing against queer folk, and believe it or not I have nothing against coloured folk, what I am against is people coming here to sponge off the state, and committing crimes that for some unknown reason the courts seem to let them get away with.

• Like Like x 1
  12. witsend

It looks like the Judge accepted the excuse and felt it was better and probably cheaper to the country to avoid a jail sentence. I bet one million Zimbabwean dollars that this happens in most courts up and down the country and the vast majority are natives.

13. witsend

Taken from the newspaper report,

Will Rose, for both brothers, said both brothers were working and paying compensation to the Royal Marines.

14. Surprise surprise, foreign criminals coming here, taking advantage of our country, terrorising hard working folk, making life a misery for everyone else, yet we can't deport them because they're from the EU. The sooner we get out of this failed European experiment the better.
    Oh and guess what, a judge who's totally out of touch with reality, there's another big surprise. I wonder whether he'd agree with that sentance had it been his son attacked in the street.