The injured Gurkha 'made to quit' with a £100 payoff

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Aug 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. shocking. utterly shocking
  2. After serving this country for 18 years, he deserves the very best, we should hold this man up to be thanked by the country, not kicked out for £100.

Whoever made this utterly disgusting decision needs to be named and shamed.
  3. I'm extremely saddened that my 100th posting has to be marked by commenting on this disgraceful story! It is absolutely scandalous the way Padan Limbu has been treated, and seems even more so when recently on RR, we read about a civvie typist awarded bucket loads of money for a strain injury!
    What is the world coming to?
  4. Hi Y'all,
    I've got a question regarding all Ghurkas up for a vote at I'd be pleased if you could give it some support.
  5. Bearing in mind that this story has only appeared in the Mail, which has a habit of "picking out the emotional bits" from a news item, I will wait for confirmation.
    If. however, the story is as it has been told, then I am disgusted (again) at the treatment of Ghurka soldiers in this country, and will give my whole support to any organisation that promotes his cause.

There have been far too many "false starts" on cases like this, but being a fervent supporter of the Ghurka contingent of the BRITISH army, I believe that they should have equality with our home brewed lads (and lasses).