The hard working Marines on HMS Fearless...

drewfester

Lantern Swinger
I might be in that top picture :):). When was it taken? I remember loads of sun bathing on there when I served on her between 92 and 95

wet_blobby

War Hero
SANY0801.jpg The piccys were probably taken in 92 so Drew, you may well be in it :) Remember the band? They could belt out a cracking rendition of "Mustang Sally"

Last edited:
A bit of a related aside.... As a kid living in Gib I spent every day from mid May to mid Sep on the beach. Aged about 7 I was busy playing when an LCVP rounded the headland and 'down ramped' at the far awns of the beach. Obviously every child on the beach legged it up there to find approx 10 bootnecks sat on a ridiculous number of crates of beer, chewing the fat and steadily working their way through the contents of said crates.

Being kids we naturally didn't pause to ask but walked up the ramp; there must have been about 40 of us. Without warning the ramp was raised and we taken for a trip the length of the beach and back outside the buoys. Kids were sat on the sides waving at their parents on one of whom batted an eyelid. Ah the days before 'elf & safety!

I was on ex Tradewinds in 91 as a Lima Coy attached rank on board Fearless, good times. BVI, Aruba, Curaçao, Jamaica, Antigua, Azores....... Think we managed about three weeks 'work' during the two month tour....

wet_blobby

War Hero
I was on ex Tradewinds in 91 as a Lima Coy attached rank on board Fearless, good times. BVI, Aruba, Curaçao, Jamaica, Antigua, Azores....... Think we managed about three weeks 'work' during the two month tour....
So you're one of the bastards who booked all the big bikes in jamaica leaving us poor sods to hire out little red scooters :)

Timex, I haven't got a clue mate, one bit of oggin looks remarkably similar to the next.

So you're one of the bastards who booked all the big bikes in jamaica leaving us poor sods to hire out little red scooters :)

I had a Suzuki Jeep in Montego Bay for the R&R - easier to drive when pissed than a bike and much harder to fall off a jeep....

Had bikes on Aruba though!!:-D

Rigsby

Lantern Swinger
first pic on page 1 - pussers issue reboks in the foreground - cracking bit of kit - compar
ed to pussers pumps that is - taxi...........

wet_blobby

War Hero
Curaceo had a state owned whore village where all the women went that couldn't pay their taxes so it wasn't all bad

Here's the beach you stormed on Tortola Island BVI, I was one of the first ashore being in the ABU Recce, we marked the beach out for you fellas, the powers that be decided we'd all get killed doing that job so as soon as you yomped off to play soldiers I thought seeing as I'm dead I might as well turn it into a little bit of heaven. SANY0796.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
B Social & Reunions 10
W Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1