The Happy/Good News Thread

Guzzler

War Hero
Face healing though still getting some splendid looks in shops etc., hands still hurt mind. Cats in Hastings OK, as is their 'mum' by all accounts. Err, washing cycle nearly over. Life's fucking awesome.

Stirling

Banned
Face healing though still getting some splendid looks in shops etc., hands still hurt mind. Cats in Hastings OK, as is their 'mum' by all accounts. Err, washing cycle nearly over. Life's fucking awesome.
Still no clue how you ended up in a that state Guzz ?.

Guzzler

War Hero
Still no clue how you ended up in a that state Guzz ?.
I'm now starting to think it was just a fall over. Had been dining/drinking all day with the quarterly get-together-gang in Plymouth but it got extended and I then went on to meet another bunch for some music. Then went back to PL11 and I started to think I was 'in with barmaid' (no major achievement - which I clearly didn't achieve). I recall 'words' with a chap (either 'yours or mine re the barmaid' or politics - fancy that eh? - though I still think the former). Next I remember was a taxi bloke looking a tad concerned about the huge 'slap' my body made outside the taxi office, and blood and snot everywhere.

Bit bad to be honest, but thanks for asking and I'm sure I'll live another couple of da...

Uncle Bob's Happy News Round-up.

Just booked a 7 day holiday for a much-needed break in Tunisia for next month

Good to see Finks is back sparring having recovered from his incident with the trainset's track attendant

...RM seems to have vanished and even Stirls seems a wee bit happier now, TG

OH is mega chuffed with my late Christmas gift of a Kindle Fire HD,

...ikewise daughter with her new Henry vac

Old chum from waaaay back is delivering a bottle of (allegedly) real Pusser's bubbly this w/end

Delayed Christmas meal & night out with the staff went v. well last weekend.
As the sole male I had to announce that the last time I was in the company of such a group of delightful young ladies was in Mombasa...but 'twas late & dark ATT and I couldn't stay there very long as the rest of the ship's co. were all a'queueing up outside.

New painkillers & improved meds are working & enhancing my mobilty,

Early days yet, but a recent inquirer seems genuine and we may well get to retire (yet again) later this year...

And the Bad News?

Damned local butcher has confessed to contaminating my horse-burgers & haggises with in-date minced beef and kosher pork scratchings.=-\\\\\\\\

Less time available for dabbling at RR nowadays. OTOH I suppose that'll translate into 'good news' for others on here... :love2:

'Bye

Sumo

War Hero
Thanks BOB we will always remember you, who’s was that just leaving the building? :walk::drunken::walk:

Uncle Bob's Happy News Round-up.

Just booked a 7 day holiday for a much-needed break in Tunisia for next month

Uncle Bob's Happy News Round-
BBC News - Tunisia political crisis deepens after assassination

Oh dearie me.. :hmph: .. :scratch:

Travel agent neglected to foresee that last week, Trelawn-Mower!

Gotta think +ve so I'm up for a slice of that elusive 'derring-do' with despatches from 'our RR correspondent at the scene of the action' etc etc.

(Might even earn meself a Kate Adey style medal or three...:twisted: )

trelawney126

War Hero
Oh dearie me.. :hmph: .. :scratch:

Travel agent neglected to foresee that last week, Trelawn-Mower!

Gotta think +ve so I'm up for a slice of that elusive 'derring-do' with despatches from 'our RR correspondent at the scene of the action' etc etc.

(Might even earn meself a Kate Adey style medal or three...:twisted: )
Stay Safe........

pie.thatcher

Lantern Swinger
good news, it's my birfday today and I had a card that said: "Your'e only young once, but you can be immature forever".
I thought oh good someone knows me.