The Happy/Good News Thread

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Jul 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There seems to be far too much doom and gloom about.

If you find anything pleasant and non-contentious nail it up here.

ie Recent Good News (local).

Sgt Peppa has recovered from his enforced re-hab and is now back in circulation.

Finks has a new Avatar & has promised to, ermm 'change'.

Wits is back at 'LaaLaa'

SF's £19k. windfall.

The MOD has issued a recall of all mushroom soup mixtures from the AIB for hallucogenic testing.

Stirling has resumed contact with his family.

Must be more National stuff but I have to be 'elsewhere'.

2. The sun is shining, beers in the fridge, I have a healthy supply of Atenalol, Simvastatin, Amlodopine, plus the obligatory aspirin....... all the essentials to keep me going another day. God is in his heaven and all is well with my world.
    Watch some bastard go and spoil it !
    • Like Like x 1

3. What no ramipril? real men have ramipril as'll probably die.:-D
    Fuckin lightweight.:-D
  4. I knew it..... I fcukin' knew it.............there's always someone to black this case rat !
    I fcukin' knew it..........make my day punk !...........BANG !

Edited to add.............BP's gone bastard rat !
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Great thread to start, I cannot add any great news at present but I am half way through a 12 pack of bud and feeling great, the ladies have everything but the flowers showing and its summer time!! Bring on the night with the lads!!! And hopefully a dirty little woman;-)

Good night and god bless.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. In today's climate that is great news! Well done to him for gaining the job and good luck with the course.
  7. I've sold my house after 18 months of trying. Move in two weeks. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. What a fantastic idea for a thread.....the positives !
    Chemo's over so no more shit days
    Hair's growing back
    Had a great day out today
    Got a great day out at Leeds Castle planned for two weeks.....another one for weekend coming.
    Lots of little daily things that make me happy :)
    • Like Like x 4
  9. I received 51 WWI Silks in the post this morning sent to me by an elderly gentleman who lives in Australia. The silks date from 1916-1918, and were sent from Charlie Masters who was in France, to his sweetheart Elsie Grainger in Stourbridge. The messages that are written on the reverse are fantastic.

I am very pleased to be the new owner of such beautiful silks, and I now have much research to do! =) I am happy. :-D

• Like Like x 1
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Is this the one Jimbo
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

My dad is finally back at a normal iron/haemoglobin level after what has been, quite frankly, the worst month ever with regard to family.

I passed the AIB =-)

I have a new job which pays almost as much as the job I'm doing now, but the hours are more conducive to "life".

I'm going tall ship sailing at the end of this month with a load of international young people. Bring on the Dutch and Belgian beer.

Yes, life isn't 'alf bad at the moment. Finally.
    • Like Like x 3

12. But the silver lining is I can let you have some ramipril.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. At Bratwatch tonight the three of them were as good as gold - Thanks to Toy Story Nos. 1 & 2 and the threats from he who held the 'Zapper'.

Then wifey turned up later, just in time to see to the baby's particular, errmm, 'domestic needs'. :smile:

Christmas came early, too, as I was able to watch 90% of 'The Dirty Dozen' (but sober just this once).

Forget the ****** (Medical-In-Confidence) Bring on Tomorrow!

Night All - But good morning to the Antipodeans, too!

14. So another Submariner in the family - BZ Stix.
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Little big miss blobbs has just had her mid semester exam results from Uni come through. B-, B and two A's.

That made me happy.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Not a bad week at all, sold the old house, the extension on the new house is progressing, finally got a new router FOC out of SKY, with a wedge knocked off the monthly bill for the next six months due to them messing me about and won £100 on a scratch card. Roll on the tuesday eurolottery

18. Got through a day without being Attested, molested or arrested.
    I would have included "detested" but then I thought of a few RR members who sing Positively 4th street when they see my posts.:pottytrain2:
    But thats OK as this is tinternet and they can bully but can't hit this fragile old simpleton.:laughing2:
  19. I won £7.30 on Fridays Euro Millions and I feel a big one coming on next Tuesday.
  20. I laugh (ha ha:laughing2: ) at your £7.50 and brag over my £10.00 win. I won £2.50 the week before, so get in the queue sailor.:-D