The Guzz Accent

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by lsadirty, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this is the right place, but:
    Been watching the footage of the gas explosion that killed the little 9 year old girl on my estate here in Guzz: all the interviews I've seen (and I know most of the people that have appeared on SKY/ITV/BBC), they all sound like they've just resurfaced after the demise of POLDARK. Do all us Janners really sound like that, or am I deaf to my own Janner accent (of which I am still proud), before Mebbien Curnow issue a Fatwah on all of us "T'other side of that damm bridge ?"

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Tis tragic, Tis.

Poor maid was a young 'un.

I'm a Janner. Poor lass, wrong time wrong place.

3. yes we all do sound like that............

(not me though lol)

dont call me maid.................lol

4. You all sound like a bunch of inbreds to me. But then again i'm from London village so there are that many positives about my accent either

5. UUUU....ARRRRR.

6. Give us a Paaarrrsssttiee.

7. My little boy is three, born and bred in Zuuuuuuuumerzet, and all my Jock relatives reckon he sounds like a yokel, the cheeky twats. However I am dreading the day he says "Where you too then dad". A sad day because I will then know that I am the father of a Jan boy. (ps I will still love him to bits though).

8. wet_blobby

Nowt wrong with bein a janner, non of this whinging cockney shite or dreadful brummies.

Or posh scousers......"don't do cuummin."...."I've arriiived" the posh ones in southport say....

9. wet_blobby

Where you too? :afro:

10. I'm fcuked then mate. Born and bred sarf london and the missarse is a brummie. Oh and her old man is a scouser!!

You all still sound like a bunch of inbreds though but it's better than the Hereford accent "alright shag where you be"

11. Blobs I be in Pompey right now but Yeovil at weekends, alright my bird

12. Do you ave mains gas down there??

13. Us'll ave to think about this and get back to 'ee dreckly. Wur 'ee be'm to? I be from South Deb'n and I'm off now to Bury 'Ead. Nigh-night mi luvver.

14. Only when we have 2 pastiesZZZZZZZZ

15. Rubberdagger, no I don't and what a pain in the arse that is I can hee

16. wet_blobby

Yeovil......Oh dear.

That is one fcuked up town, the knockin shop is down the arsse end of town behind the shopping centre.....apparantly

Rough as arshehole paper is Yeovil, avoid it like the plague.

17. Could be worse I spose - Bristolian accent makes I sound Oxbridge edumificated.....and they aint got oggies, my 'ansome maids.....

18. Whey aye man , cant beat the Geordie accent ,

19. Yo mean carn't understand the Geordie accent Dondon?? (said in me best Brummie) :silent:

20. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Guzz, Zomeerrrsseettt, Dorset, Suffolk, Norfolk, Hampshire... all the same to me! :wink: