The Gucci kit thread.

G

guestm

Although that watch deserves it's place in the 'perfectly functional' thread, here it is out of place as it isn't particularly gucci. I agree with the Alpkit stock issue though.

They've been pushed into second place recently by my new favourite website, Sportpursuit. Gucci bargains agogo.

I for one have never been a chaser of fashion; on the other hand the war office can spend enough to make up for an army of shoppers, and would agree with your choice of watch, she brought her first citizen watch in the states many moons ago, and still swears by them, I assume your current one is one of these echo self-charging ones? She goes for appearance and not function, to the extent it looks good but is too small for her to see, without looking very hard and trying to catch the light?

As for wheels I am looking to change my ford grand C max for a discovery or one of those low roofed Range Rovers why, I have no idea, just fancy a 4X4 to play with.

G

guestm

I for one have never been a chaser of fashion; on the other hand the war office can spend enough to make up for an army of shoppers, and would agree with your choice of watch, she brought her first citizen watch in the states many moons ago, and still swears by them, I assume your current one is one of these echo self-charging ones? She goes for appearance and not function, to the extent it looks good but is too small for her to see, without looking very hard and trying to catch the light?

As for wheels I am looking to change my ford grand C max for a discovery or one of those low roofed Range Rovers why, I have no idea, just fancy a 4X4 to play with.
You want a 4x4 yet are looking at an Evoque? Good lord.

G

guestm

Not been looking yet just seen them around, I always do a full spec check and research the models before hand. need to get her indoors on board that we need a 4X4 any comments on the Evopue? god, bad, crap?
Shite. The fact it comes in 2wd OR 4wd says everything about it. Form over function.

Go for the disco. I myself am thinking of the Volvo but if I had the money I'd have a merc G wagon. That would win this thread on its own.

The good bootneck fellows at This Tribe have very generously given me one of their new Kosa 3 duvet jackets to field test.

It should be turning up later this week and the excitement is making the tips of my fingers itch.

Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci!

This Tribe Kosa 3 Duvet Jacket
........just the sort of gear to wear when milking your goats................and mekkin the cheese.

Spring is fast approaching and it's time to start hitting the hills again.

So what's floating your boat this year?

I've always been a bivi bag/basha guy, but this year I'm looking to upgrade to a lightweight tent. I've got a dog now who accompanies me on most of my adventures. Sharing a bivi bag with a terrier isn't really gonna be fun, so small tent is the way ahead.

I'm currently looking at the Jack Wolfskin Gossamer, which looks like it ticks all my boxes:

Anyone got one?

Thoughts?

On a slightly related matter, while looking at various tents, I spotted this today in Mountain Warehouse for £16.99:

Bivvy Bag

Regardless of if it's any good or not, that's bloody cheap for a breathable bivvy sack. Anyway, I had a look and unfortunately the quality is reflected in the price, it looks like it'll last about two minutes outdoors. Having said that, it's very small and very light, so I might buy one anyway to protect my doss bag and also as an extra layer of warmth in case things get really frosty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Topstop Diamond Lil's 2
2_deck_dash The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
1ManRiot RMR 10