The Gucci kit thread.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Bought the Montane extreme after trying that and the snugpak and having a look at an oppos Keela. Despite being a bit more bulky, the Montane won hands down for me, seems more durable, fits better and perhaps more importantly, looks allier. Go outdoors tried to charge me £99 then tried to get out of their price match guarantee before finally realising they didn't have any large in stock. In the end got it from RVops for £74. Mega.
Real men wear seamen's jerseys. Without a vest underneath... :twisted:

As Janner says, that has started me itching all over again. At Ganges (Zzzzzzz) wearing a t shirt under your seamans jersey meant at least 3 orbits of the parade ground and the bastards checked every morning. Joining up in November wasn't such a good idea.

NOT TRUE!! I live in a hot country on the coast, yet (if I wanted to) from the end of October to the beginning of May I could go skiing, snow boarding or just drink hot mulled wine every day. The the ski village mountains are only about an hour away!

Just Google Sierra Nevada, Granada - Spain's best kept winter secret!

NOT TRUE!! I live in a hot country on the coast, yet (if I wanted to) from the end of October to the beginning of May I could go skiing, snow boarding or just drink hot mulled wine every day. The the ski village mountains are only about an hour away!

Just Google Sierra Nevada, Granada - Spain's best kept winter secret!
Spain aint hot it just plays at it.
Australia is a hot country, now behave yourself you euro slacker.:toothy2:

Those who've had experience with sealskinz gloves, how robust are they? I need some gloves for the odd bit of maintenance work/labouring that are reasonably waterproof whilst retaining decent enough dexterity to be a menace with a strimmer/trimmer. Should also be slim enough that they are able to keep errant grass/thorns/sand going into the glove itself.

Proper work gloves are great but I have the hands of a ******* child (so they fill up with crap) and they get soaked within seconds in the current weather.

Would sealskinz fit the bill or are they a bit too gucci for this?

G

guestm

Those who've had experience with sealskinz gloves, how robust are they? I need some gloves for the odd bit of maintenance work/labouring that are reasonably waterproof whilst retaining decent enough dexterity to be a menace with a strimmer/trimmer. Should also be slim enough that they are able to keep errant grass/thorns/sand going into the glove itself.

Proper work gloves are great but I have the hands of a ******* child (so they fill up with crap) and they get soaked within seconds in the current weather.

Would sealskinz fit the bill or are they a bit too gucci for this?
They're plenty robust but won't keep sharp things out, have a look at mechanix. Although not waterproof they are far superior for that kind of thing IMO. Also, don't write off pussers desert gloves, not waterproof and not warm but tough as hell.

I use mechanix and unless you are going to fully immerse them in a bucket of water they'll do the job for you I think.

wal

Lantern Swinger
Would sealskin fit the bill or are they a bit too Gucci for this?

Watch your backs, lads. Brown hatter on the loose.

They're plenty robust but won't keep sharp things out, have a look at mechanix. Although not waterproof they are far superior for that kind of thing IMO. Also, don't write off pussers desert gloves, not waterproof and not warm but tough as hell.

I use mechanix and unless you are going to fully immerse them in a bucket of water they'll do the job for you I think.
Cheers MLP. I'm not looking for perfect waterproof, truth be told - just waterproof enough that they'd handle a decent amount of rain without becoming soaked through. They both sound like they'd do the job. I'll check 'em out.

G

guestm

The good bootneck fellows at This Tribe have very generously given me one of their new Kosa 3 duvet jackets to field test.

It should be turning up later this week and the excitement is making the tips of my fingers itch.

Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! Gucci!

This Tribe Kosa 3 Duvet Jacket

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Topstop Diamond Lil's 2
2_deck_dash The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
1ManRiot RMR 10