The greatest trophy from a run ashore.....

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 2_deck_dash, Dec 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there any Pusser's greys in Poland at the moment?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8419948.stm

Actually I feel quite ashamed putting this up. It really is no laughing matter, my great uncle died in Auschwitz.

He got drunk one night and fell out of his watch tower.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

That'll Black cat a traffic cone. The Daddy of "men at work" signs.

3. Actually on second thought can we move this to lils? Could be the start of a good thread.

Another nice trophy attempt, shame the lad didn't get away with it:

[​IMG]

4. I want to but that man a beer. Would love to know what he had planned for it if he'd actually got anywhere near the ship

5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

In 1961 at Portland, two bods from Highburton, seeking a less tiring way to get back from the Bill to Castletown happened upon a JCB with the keys in and drove back in (or rather on) that. Left it discreetly outside the gate and came back on board unchallenged. Cheaper than a taxi.

6. Pre hydraulic steering assist JCB's were buggers to handle sober never mind pissed so BZ to them for making it back.

7. That has to be the mother of all gizzits. I think an amnesty is called for: get the thing out of the mess and back in place by 0600 tomorrow, and we'll say no more about it. Oh, and get the fcuking Christmas lights off it first. :D

8. There was a chockhead back in the day at Portland that got fucked off, so he jumped on a tractor and took off. I think they got him 1/2 off the island??

9. I was onboard with this stoker and just before he went on draft for killicks course we pulled alongside foreign and on the jetty were lines and lines of mini diggers with the keys in

they weren't in the same position in the morning when we got on the transport to the eurostar

10. Sounds like the 'Great Bermuda Moped Lemming Leap'.
    Loads of hired moped's screaming down the jetty towards the ship, with Jack leaping off just before it plungers into the oggin, then scuttling on board.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What is it with Jack and Mopeds?

In Jamaica we all hired mopeds, (42 got there first and hired all the big bikes the bastards), anyway, there I was bombing down the road on my shiny red moped and there's a stoker on one in front of me, weaving all over the road with a local on the back.

Strange, I thought, Jack being nice to the locals? As I pulled up alongside the bugger had a huge smile on his face, He'd agreed to give one of the local hookers a lift to the ship if she gave him a [email protected] along the way.

Pure Class. :lol:

12. 'The great moped scuttling of St Tropez '81' closely followed by the clear lower decks, bollocking and cancellation of all shore leave for 45 Cdo Jnr ranks remains a firm favourite with me

13. That reminds me of a chef on the Brighton (78/79) hiring a mini-moke in Bermuda. Apparently on returning on board rat faced he managed to "park" the aforementioned vehicle right next to the ship. Right up close to ship adjacent to the anchor chain and half-submerged!

14. Arbeit Macht Frei

The sign has just turned up welded above the doorway
    of the *JobCentre Plus* offices just past Charles Cross and
    down a bit from Staples on Plymouths Main Drag.

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This made me laugh for one reason.

His name is an anagram of "Death Chamber".

:twisted:

16. Strange unless things have changed? Non residents werent allowed to rent cars :?

On my last jolly there one of the lad wouldnt hire a moby, come on we said anyone can ride one piece of pi55. carnt I go on the back of one of you lot? NO!!!!!

Eventually he is cajoled in to getting one . Within 50 yds there was a bloody heap with a bike on top. What went wrong? its easy, just like riding a push bike exept you dont have to peddle.

"I carnt ride a push bike" came the reply 8O :roll: How we laughed :D

Carnt ride a moby either by the look of it

17. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

The Mrs, every year I try to polish her she claims to be delicate. Last year she wanted a Labrador and could'nt understand what I meant about dogging.