Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great RR Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleTom

Banned
chieftiff said:
I've sort of had a good idea (maybe!)

The idea is to hold a debate in the forum, there are obviously many debates on here, some good, some not so good but there is very little feedback as to how our opinions are received.

The idea then; well first of all I need some debatable titles which is the purpose of this thread, ideally some form of "arty" title would be good although I want all members to hold an opinion so obscurity is not an option. Once we have a title (I will give it a few days and then select one) I will post a poll to see which side people come down on, the poll will run for 5 days (Mon-Fri) and then be locked.

The next day the debate will begin, everyone gets just one post to argue their side of the debate (I will delete any duplication etc just to ensure fairness, you will be allowed to edit your argument once only!)

I will leave the debate open for 7 days after that it will be locked, then stage 3 is another poll, here is where some honesty is required! if you have genuinely been swayed by someone else's argument vote accordingly.

So, some debate titles please people, they can be on virtually any subject but accessible to everyone on RR, please feel free to point out what you view as a good option by someone else or any blatantly fumbling blunders I may have included in the rules!! Improvement suggestions always welcome :thumright:
Are today's sailors at drake still having difficulty "getting up for down?"

chieftiff

War Hero
Just thought I would bump this before I close it tomorrow, currently my most likely choice is something along the lines of "modern art, pretentious twaddle or conceptual genius" I will expand the title to describe exactly what we are talking about.

Am still open for any other titles though or thoughts on any of the current suggestions.

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
What was the best thing before sliced bread?

What did people go back to before the drawing board was invented?

Hairy minge or egg shell finish?

If you realised the bird you were shagging *********** had been a bloke, would you carry on?

What would you do if after tracing your family tree, you found out that your wife was your long lost sister?

hobbit

War Hero
Human organ donations/transplants . A wonderful idea for saving lives etc but it has created its own problems ,

When doctors are presented with a body do they take only what they can legally harvest or do they grab extras for research . A trade in body parts some selling their ' bits ' while others in some countries are knocked on the head and wake up minus a kidney . Prisoners in China after execution are used as donors . This is what is known FKs what goes on behind the curtains . Needs more control and only donors receive transplants imho .
:thumright:

A few more for debate

Is euthanasia an answer to NHS funding problems?

No benefit for those below 65 yrs of age who don't work or complete some form of social /community service.

3 strikes policy - a third conviction for any offence, no matter how minor = 10 years

Is it to late for suggestions?

Me and harry had a chat about this thread and came up with what we thought was a classic worthy of debate.

Here's the scenareo, you've been adopted and grew up in various foster homes before you join up, being a typical young squaddie/bootie/matelot you have thrown your dick around a bit. One day you recieve a letter inviting you to a family re-union so you can meet the family you never knew.

You turn up at the re-union, to your amusement you realise that you've fcuked your nan and your sister whilst being p1ssed on various run ashores.

Which one would you do again...and why?

wet_blobby said:
You turn up at the re-union, to your amusement you realise that you've fcuked your nan and your sister whilst being p1ssed on various run ashores.

It depends on the occasion. If it's my Nan's funeral, then I'd do the sister.

Probably.

Since we can't be held responsible for our actions when drunk (well not entirely) there is no point asking why do people (and women do it too) seek out sex when they are drunk - the time when they are least likely to do it well and have full recall of the delicious event. I will therefore ask 'why don't people more often seek out sex when they are sober and will do it better and have full recall ...?'

:rendeer:

wet_blobby said:
Is it to late for suggestions?

Me and harry had a chat about this thread and came up with what we thought was a classic worthy of debate.

Here's the scenareo, you've been adopted and grew up in various foster homes before you join up, being a typical young squaddie/bootie/matelot you have thrown your dick around a bit. One day you recieve a letter inviting you to a family re-union so you can meet the family you never knew.

Oooo too close for comfort. When I went to get my birth certificate I was requried to have something called s61 counselling, as I am adopted. Part of the counselling is about sexual attraction between siblings, who have been adopted. I am however pleased to report that I do not have any of this with my two bros in Canada as they are a taf unreconstructed for my taste, but it is a very sensitive subject.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
TattooDog said:
wet_blobby said:

Probably.

Good answer TD :thumright:

janner said:
TattooDog said:
wet_blobby said:

Probably.

Good answer TD :thumright:

So, Nans fair game at your sisters wedding? :dwarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings The Great Debate to Faisalabad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings The Great Debate to Karachi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings the Great Debate to Islamabad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings the Great Debate to Balochistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission launches The Great Debate in Lahore MoD News 0
chieftiff The Great RR debate....... contd. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 17
MoD_RSS Avian Influenza incursion risk raised to high in Great Britain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech to Great Northern Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security operative saves suicidal man on Great Yarmouth beach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protecting human rights and ensuring regional cooperation in the Great Lakes Region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making the Civil Service a Great Place to Work for Veterans MoD News 0
D South Africa. Used to be a great run ashore for us--Now! Diamond Lil's 9
MoD_RSS Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing project granted development consent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calls to end ‘blight’ of graffiti on roads and railways as part of Great British September Clean MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pond project pays off for great crested newts in Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Waste crime taskforce conducts raid on site in Great Harwood, Lancashire MoD News 0
Sumo Great sporting moments Diamond Lil's 8
MoD_RSS Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain publish 2019-20 annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Permit granted for next stage in Hoveton Great Broad restoration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 10,000 fish released into the Great Ouse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GREAT partners competition to bring ‘Magic of Live Events’ online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eels have arrived at the Great Ouse MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS Government to safeguard vital Great Britain-Northern Ireland air links MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Positive progress in the Great Lakes Region must continue despite Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rail stations across Great Britain receive £20 million funding boost for accessibility improvements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treorchy crowned "UK's best" in the Great British High Street Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Great Yarmouth £40m tidal defence project gets underway MoD News 0
MoD_RSS River Great Ouse gets Christmas present with fish restocking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost for the great British pub MoD News 0
L I'm trying to find information on my Great Grandfather. Nearest & Dearest 2
MoD_RSS HOW A CENTURY OLD SPOON LED TO THE MILITARY BURIAL OF AN ESSEX SOLDIER WHO DIED IN THE GREAT WAR MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain publish 2018-19 annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing the root causes of conflict in the Great Lakes Region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK trade envoy to Lebanon: Great potential for business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England statement following publication of DfT’s Reported road casualties in Great Britain: 2018 report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Great Britain and China Are Global Partners MoD News 0
janner The Great Bus Pass Adventure. Charity 0
MoD_RSS Major demolition milestone at HS2’s Old Oak Common site as Great Western sheds cleared MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Great British High Street Awards 2019 judges revealed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeals: land at Chiswick Roundabout, Junction of Gunnersbury Avenue Great West Road, London W4 (ref: 3180962 & 3173208 - 19 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A great place to work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing application MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Launch of Great British High Street Awards 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £40m Great Yarmouth flood defence upgrade set to start MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Two unknown soldiers given military burial a century after their deaths in the Great War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Graves of Two Kent Soldiers Identified a Century After Their Deaths in the Great War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The grave of Private Frederick Foskett, Lancashire Fusilier, killed during the Great War rededicated a century later MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Two unknown soldiers given military burial a century after their deaths in the Great War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sherwood Forester and an unknown soldier buried 100 years after their deaths in the great war MoD News 0