Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great RR Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

chieftiff

War Hero
I've sort of had a good idea (maybe!)

The idea is to hold a debate in the forum, there are obviously many debates on here, some good, some not so good but there is very little feedback as to how our opinions are received.

The idea then; well first of all I need some debatable titles which is the purpose of this thread, ideally some form of "arty" title would be good although I want all members to hold an opinion so obscurity is not an option. Once we have a title (I will give it a few days and then select one) I will post a poll to see which side people come down on, the poll will run for 5 days (Mon-Fri) and then be locked.

The next day the debate will begin, everyone gets just one post to argue their side of the debate (I will delete any duplication etc just to ensure fairness, you will be allowed to edit your argument once only!)

I will leave the debate open for 7 days after that it will be locked, then stage 3 is another poll, here is where some honesty is required! if you have genuinely been swayed by someone else's argument vote accordingly.

So, some debate titles please people, they can be on virtually any subject but accessible to everyone on RR, please feel free to point out what you view as a good option by someone else or any blatantly fumbling blunders I may have included in the rules!! Improvement suggestions always welcome :thumright:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I think Blobb's post is a bit obscure, because unless a female had one of each, she wouldn't be able to join the debate on equal terms.

Ninja, your wrong my learned friend, women whether they are gifted with small or big funbags can say why theres are better.

Good idea. :thumright:

1. Red or Brown?
2. Bacon Sarnie or Egg Banjo?
3. Should we actively recruit professionals from developing countries to work as engineeers, doctors, nurses, trades people, etc.?

Edited to make number 3 more brief.

sara21

Lantern Swinger
18-30= big, 30+= small.

I don't want breasts that I might have to tuck in my trousers one day...eww

On a different note, how about:

Is NATO past it's sell by date?
Tracy Emin - talented artist or pretentious twaddle?
Should kids be allowed in pubs?
Vivisection - essential to science or not?

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Harry,
1) Brown
2) Bacon and Egg, a bit 'out there' I know but its my opinion and I'll fight to the pain (Thank you William Goldman for that) to defend it.
3) If their qualifications meet the standards of the professional governing body ie The Medical Association or the Plumbers Guild(!!?) and they can speak and write English to a reasonable standard, I have no problem in accepting migrants from developing countries in NZ and I dont think it should be a problem in the UK.
Where problems do occur is when another countries citizens feel they would be better off in the UK (or NZ for that matter), but only bring their bodies and a willingness to work. While that is praiseworthy I feel resources would be better employed by 'encouraging' some of the current inhabitants of our nations to get off of the benefit (Dole) and into some form of employment/ training for employment.
Although it will probably be howled down I do feel that genuine refugees, not economic ones, should still be taken in, resources must however be put in place for integration policies, so that as a condition of residence they learn to speak and write English.
Blobby
1) Big or small who cares, they're still tits man!
NZB
NZB

4. Does morality need God?
5. Is patriotism in the best interests of the country?
6. Should teachers who wear the burqa be allowed to teach deaf children? :dwarf:

chieftiff

War Hero
OK, OK, OK............

Some good titles so far but lets keep the debate until........ er The Debate!

Bloody Royal, wil argue over anything given any opportunity :bball:

More titles for debate please :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings The Great Debate to Faisalabad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings The Great Debate to Karachi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings the Great Debate to Islamabad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission brings the Great Debate to Balochistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission launches The Great Debate in Lahore MoD News 0
chieftiff The Great RR debate....... contd. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 17
MoD_RSS Avian Influenza incursion risk raised to high in Great Britain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech to Great Northern Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security operative saves suicidal man on Great Yarmouth beach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protecting human rights and ensuring regional cooperation in the Great Lakes Region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making the Civil Service a Great Place to Work for Veterans MoD News 0
D South Africa. Used to be a great run ashore for us--Now! Diamond Lil's 9
MoD_RSS Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing project granted development consent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calls to end ‘blight’ of graffiti on roads and railways as part of Great British September Clean MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pond project pays off for great crested newts in Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Waste crime taskforce conducts raid on site in Great Harwood, Lancashire MoD News 0
Sumo Great sporting moments Diamond Lil's 8
MoD_RSS Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain publish 2019-20 annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Permit granted for next stage in Hoveton Great Broad restoration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 10,000 fish released into the Great Ouse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GREAT partners competition to bring ‘Magic of Live Events’ online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eels have arrived at the Great Ouse MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS Government to safeguard vital Great Britain-Northern Ireland air links MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Positive progress in the Great Lakes Region must continue despite Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rail stations across Great Britain receive £20 million funding boost for accessibility improvements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treorchy crowned "UK's best" in the Great British High Street Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Great Yarmouth £40m tidal defence project gets underway MoD News 0
MoD_RSS River Great Ouse gets Christmas present with fish restocking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost for the great British pub MoD News 0
L I'm trying to find information on my Great Grandfather. Nearest & Dearest 2
MoD_RSS HOW A CENTURY OLD SPOON LED TO THE MILITARY BURIAL OF AN ESSEX SOLDIER WHO DIED IN THE GREAT WAR MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain publish 2018-19 annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing the root causes of conflict in the Great Lakes Region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK trade envoy to Lebanon: Great potential for business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England statement following publication of DfT’s Reported road casualties in Great Britain: 2018 report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Great Britain and China Are Global Partners MoD News 0
janner The Great Bus Pass Adventure. Charity 0
MoD_RSS Major demolition milestone at HS2’s Old Oak Common site as Great Western sheds cleared MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Great British High Street Awards 2019 judges revealed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeals: land at Chiswick Roundabout, Junction of Gunnersbury Avenue Great West Road, London W4 (ref: 3180962 & 3173208 - 19 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A great place to work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing application MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Launch of Great British High Street Awards 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £40m Great Yarmouth flood defence upgrade set to start MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Two unknown soldiers given military burial a century after their deaths in the Great War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Graves of Two Kent Soldiers Identified a Century After Their Deaths in the Great War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The grave of Private Frederick Foskett, Lancashire Fusilier, killed during the Great War rededicated a century later MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Two unknown soldiers given military burial a century after their deaths in the Great War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sherwood Forester and an unknown soldier buried 100 years after their deaths in the great war MoD News 0