The Great RR Debate

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by chieftiff, Oct 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I've sort of had a good idea (maybe!)

The idea is to hold a debate in the forum, there are obviously many debates on here, some good, some not so good but there is very little feedback as to how our opinions are received.

The idea then; well first of all I need some debatable titles which is the purpose of this thread, ideally some form of "arty" title would be good although I want all members to hold an opinion so obscurity is not an option. Once we have a title (I will give it a few days and then select one) I will post a poll to see which side people come down on, the poll will run for 5 days (Mon-Fri) and then be locked.

The next day the debate will begin, everyone gets just one post to argue their side of the debate (I will delete any duplication etc just to ensure fairness, you will be allowed to edit your argument once only!)

I will leave the debate open for 7 days after that it will be locked, then stage 3 is another poll, here is where some honesty is required! if you have genuinely been swayed by someone else's argument vote accordingly.

So, some debate titles please people, they can be on virtually any subject but accessible to everyone on RR, please feel free to point out what you view as a good option by someone else or any blatantly fumbling blunders I may have included in the rules!! Improvement suggestions always welcome :thumright:

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The title of my debate would be:

Women with big or small breasts, which gives a man more pleasure?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I think Blobb's post is a bit obscure, because unless a female had one of each, she wouldn't be able to join the debate on equal terms.

4. wet_blobby

Big....but it's chieftiffs call.

5. wet_blobby

Ninja, your wrong my learned friend, women whether they are gifted with small or big funbags can say why theres are better.

6. Good idea. :thumright:

1. Red or Brown?
    2. Bacon Sarnie or Egg Banjo?
    3. Should we actively recruit professionals from developing countries to work as engineeers, doctors, nurses, trades people, etc.?

Edited to make number 3 more brief.

7. chieftiff

Big.............. well that's that done, anyone got any other ideas for a thread :w00t:

8. 18-30= big, 30+= small.

I don't want breasts that I might have to tuck in my trousers one day...eww

9. Would you rather have wheels for feet or chopsticks for hands?

10. Well, I have to admit I prefer something like a B-cup.

And D+ is just a bit too Jordan-esque. :confused:

11. wet_blobby

In answer to harry:

Brown
    Egg
    worth debating.

Sara21...live for the moment girl!

12. On a different note, how about:

Is NATO past it's sell by date?
    Tracy Emin - talented artist or pretentious twaddle?
    Should kids be allowed in pubs?
    Vivisection - essential to science or not?

13. wet_blobby

Ok,

Immigration...is it a good thing or bad.
    God. dyslexic dog or a force for good.
    nazi v communist.

14. Text or phone, discuss

15. Harry,
    1) Brown
    2) Bacon and Egg, a bit 'out there' I know but its my opinion and I'll fight to the pain (Thank you William Goldman for that) to defend it.
    3) If their qualifications meet the standards of the professional governing body ie The Medical Association or the Plumbers Guild(!!?) and they can speak and write English to a reasonable standard, I have no problem in accepting migrants from developing countries in NZ and I dont think it should be a problem in the UK.
    Where problems do occur is when another countries citizens feel they would be better off in the UK (or NZ for that matter), but only bring their bodies and a willingness to work. While that is praiseworthy I feel resources would be better employed by 'encouraging' some of the current inhabitants of our nations to get off of the benefit (Dole) and into some form of employment/ training for employment.
    Although it will probably be howled down I do feel that genuine refugees, not economic ones, should still be taken in, resources must however be put in place for integration policies, so that as a condition of residence they learn to speak and write English.
    Blobby
    1) Big or small who cares, they're still tits man!
    NZB
    NZB

16. 4. Does morality need God?
    5. Is patriotism in the best interests of the country?
    6. Should teachers who wear the burqa be allowed to teach deaf children? :dwarf:

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Txt

18. chieftiff

OK, OK, OK............

Some good titles so far but lets keep the debate until........ er The Debate!

Bloody Royal, wil argue over anything given any opportunity :bball:

More titles for debate please :thanks:

19. wet_blobby

Sorry chieffy,

Here's on I've heard the jennys talk about:

Show'er or Grower....whats best?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.