The Great Bustards v The Great Bastards.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rumrat, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it seems the EU has stepped in and made a Life+ Funding grant of£80,000,000. so that the Great Bustard can once again roam the reaches of Southern England.
    The official statement was thus:- Thanks to the EU+ Life programme the Great Bustard once a very common sight in the sky's of southern England will once again be seen, the Bustard was hounded to Extinction.

My question is do you think the EU+ Life programme might do the same for the Fleet Air Arm, which also was a common sight in the sky's of Southern England and was also hounded and hunted to extinction by successive governments.:toothy10:

2. You can't shoot a wafu out of the sky with a good quality air rifle, a great bustard however......

3. Why?..........................

4. Do you mean why can't you shoot down a petrol pigeon or why shoot a bustard????

5. Why can't you shoot down wafu's, are they a protected species now. I've "shot down" quite a few in the past.:toothy10:

6. They're a protected species now as numbers have fallen to dangerous levels.

7. Surely, more than one, is a dangerous level

8. Surely one is too many?

9. 21_ Man and LujonSA you're not Nick and David are you?:toothy10::toothy10:

10. Maybe we should capture the few remaing speciemens and put them in a zoo somewhere? or have them stuffed and mounted in a museum..... Discuss

edited for cr*p spelling

11. I get the impression that the fixed-wing lot have already been stuffed disgust

12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I can't be arsed.

Anyone fancy a pint? There's a pub called the Bustard at Salisbury Plain, near to Rollestone camp.

13. You buying?