The Gordon Brown Jinx: Manchester United

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by sgtpepperband, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

GORDON Brown was at Manchester United at the weekend? United lost 1-2 to Manchester City.

It was the first time United have lost at home to City in 34 years.

Every international football and rugby match Brown has attended since he has become leader has ended in defeat for England or Scotland.

David Beckham met with Gordon Brown and was then dropped from the England team.

Is Gordon Brown cursed?

Brown was there:

When England were knocked out of the 2006 World Cup against Portugal

When they lost 2-1 at Wembley against Germany

When Scotland lost to Italy

When England lost the rugby World Cup final

8O :evil:
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I hope his "good" fortune lasts up to "being there" for labour at the next general election.
  3. Hope he never needs to visit the Emirates...the stadium that is...wouldn't want to have that on my conscience if he did visit the Emirates, not their fault...Lol
  4. He was up here for the last byelection, when Liebor got spanked good and proper.

I'm constantly amused by the thought that his MP is of the brown rice and sandals with socks brigade!
  5. Streaky he really must be jinxed if he has lost his own seat!! in which case what the fcuk is he doing as PM? (I think you mean MSP)
  6. Streaky just read again properly, my apologies you are right. (memo to myself: engage brain before speaking/writing)
  7. If this is true I vote he goes to all Man u's matches. I'll even by him a bobble hat and scarf :bball:
  8. Maybe the FA should take out an injunction against him - just to be on the safe side. Now that would be funny!!

9. In fact if they could do that, maybe the country could take out an injunction against him too.

10. We better not go to war whilst he's in charge... oh bugger.