The Good People of Wootton Bassett

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Dec 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to extend my best wishes and thanks to the fine people of this town who turn out to honour our fallen soldiers who have been repatriated back to Britain. Not one coffin has passed unmourned, with residents lining the streets to pay respects many of them with a tear in their eyes as I had when I watched the most recent repatriation on the news.

It’s such a shame that a representative of HMG cannot find the time to join them.

2. For once i agree with you wholeheartedly Fink. A good post by yourself and a big "thank-you" to those people of Wootton Bassett

XRD

3. Hear, hear. They are a fantastic community who instinctively know what is right and they ensure our people are received home with grateful pride. If only their attitude could be reflected across the rest of the country. Good post FK.

4. Well done Fink - good post and well done to the people of Wootton Bassett who have got their priorities right and are setting an exceptional example to us all

5. Well done Wootton Bassett

Agree with your last sentiment

6. Quality Post, and BZ Wootton Bassett.

Thank you both.

Jerry

7. It's not just them with a tear in their eye Fink, it does the same to me every time I see it.

8. Fink - I totally agree with you!

9. I take my hat off to them all! We could do with a few more communities like WB and get some pride back into this fine nation.

10. I would like also to pass on my thanks to any village along the usual route by the 'fat alberts' you often see people stopping in quiet reflection as it flys over head knowing what a sad load it carrys.

11. BZ Wootton Bassett. I'm glad this continues to be pointed out in the media

12. Yes i ,ust aggree.The people are a credit to this country and the town (city).Just in showing there appreciation of what is happening is a great thing and it does realy lift the spirits in these hard and somewhat tragic times we live in

13. Can we award them 'Town of the Year' by RR if that thing is at all possible.

Any RR bods who live there or near to there that can pass it on?

14. I've a relative there

15. Ditto "Ballistic" and yet another BZ to Wootton Bassett , you can all hold your heads up high , well done ....

16. I am always choked up when I view images of this town and the people paying their respects. A Pride of Britain Award surely.

http://www.prideofbritain.com/

17. They'd get my vote!

18. It must be Christmas. A thread started by Finkie and everyone in 100% agreement with his sentiments.
    Me too Finkie. Merry Christmas mate.

2BM

19. Yo tambien (Me too!) Fantastic to see it on the news last night. Mega BZ and Pride of Britain etc to them all. Hope they don't have to stand in the cold on too many more occasions.