The Good People of Wootton Bassett

I would like to extend my best wishes and thanks to the fine people of this town who turn out to honour our fallen soldiers who have been repatriated back to Britain. Not one coffin has passed unmourned, with residents lining the streets to pay respects many of them with a tear in their eyes as I had when I watched the most recent repatriation on the news.

It’s such a shame that a representative of HMG cannot find the time to join them.

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
Hear, hear. They are a fantastic community who instinctively know what is right and they ensure our people are received home with grateful pride. If only their attitude could be reflected across the rest of the country. Good post FK.

Well done Fink - good post and well done to the people of Wootton Bassett who have got their priorities right and are setting an exceptional example to us all

finknottle said:
I would like to extend my best wishes and thanks to the fine people of this town who turn out to honour our fallen soldiers who have been repatriated back to Britain. Not one coffin has passed unmourned, with residents lining the streets to pay respects many of them with a tear in their eyes as I had when I watched the most recent repatriation on the news.

It’s such a shame that a representative of HMG cannot find the time to join them.
Well done Wootton Bassett

Agree with your last sentiment

I would like also to pass on my thanks to any village along the usual route by the 'fat alberts' you often see people stopping in quiet reflection as it flys over head knowing what a sad load it carrys.

Yes i ,ust aggree.The people are a credit to this country and the town (city).Just in showing there appreciation of what is happening is a great thing and it does realy lift the spirits in these hard and somewhat tragic times we live in

Yo tambien (Me too!) Fantastic to see it on the news last night. Mega BZ and Pride of Britain etc to them all. Hope they don't have to stand in the cold on too many more occasions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
finknottle Diamond Lil's 38
finknottle Current Affairs 5
K Current Affairs 11