Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Goldfish Club 70th Anniversary reunion weekend

Preston

This year is the 70th Anniversary of the founding of the Goldfish Club. Nothing to do with actual goldfish as it was formed in 1942 for "Aviators Rescued From The Sea". All are welcome to join whether you were a crew member in an Aircraft, Balloon, Helicopter, Glider or any type of flying machine. The only qualification criteria is to have ditched into the sea and then been rescued. As I said all crew members and ranks are eligible to join.
Current members are mainly serving or Ex-RAF, quite a few RN, some civvy and a number of overseas members.
We have an annual reunion and as it is our 70th anniversary we want to contact as many members or new members as possible to attend.
This year's reunion weekend is in September and will be held in a hotel near Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.
So if you are eligible to join or know someone who is then for further details please look at the Goldfish Club website or send me a message and I will pass on details.

Thankfully, 15 years flying in naval helicopters and each time I took off I landed on something solid.

So I gratefully pass on the Goldfish Club!!!!!

One badge I pass on!

I once jumped off a pier shouting 'look Daddy, I'm a haroplane'. I was plucked out of the water by a very anxious Mummy, and we both cried a little.

Is there a Corby trouser-press in the hotel room? Also, I prefer a Continental breakfast.

Rhyl? Was that where your Uncle showed you his magic trick? Well, I say "Uncle" - he was your Grandad's neighbour. And the magic trick involved his "special hairless rabbit with no ears" that vomited on your wrist when you stroked it... :shock:

The One Show is filming an item about The Goldfish Club at Rutland Water soon. If I can find out when the transmission date is I'll post it.

The best I can do at the moment is to say that transmission is scheduled to be in January sometime on The One Show on BBC1. If I get any more details I'll post them, but the truth is that once the item is edited and on the shelf waiting for TX it can be put on at short notice if another item crashes.

Goldfish Club item on The One Show

The best I can do at the moment is to say that transmission is scheduled to be in January sometime on The One Show on BBC1. If I get any more details I'll post them, but the truth is that once the item is edited and on the shelf waiting for TX it can be put on at short notice if another item crashes.

The Goldfish Club item was transmitted last night (the evening of Wednesday 20th November) at about 19:45 on The One Show on BBC1. It should be on BBC iPlayer for a while.

Latest Threads