The Golden Fleece Pompey.

RumRat..

Midshipman
Must have been the roughest boozer in the UK. Now pulled down but the images will always remain... Torn up newspaper in the toilets and sawdust on the floor. Dreadful Brickwoods bitter or foul tasting scrumpy and the Crushers waiting outside at closing time. (Big lil, propping up the bar) It made the Mucky Duck look like the Savoy!

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Didn't one of the locals have a facial disformity? I have vague recollections of the place and the silent whispers that undercover SIB often graced the place with their presence looking for Jack doing - well, let's say a bit more than getting rat-arsed.
Whatever happened to pubs of character eh?

Memories are made of this....started out in classier pubs, a la Sussex etc, sterling pubs such as those mentioned above being reserved for that part of the run when you didn't care what you were drinking anymore.....followed perchance with a somewhat dubious curry.....

Stirlin

War Hero
Didn't one of the locals have a facial disformity? I have vague recollections of the place and the silent whispers that undercover SIB often graced the place with their presence looking for Jack doing - well, let's say a bit more than getting rat-arsed.
Whatever happened to pubs of character eh?

Cheapest wacky backy , black bombers , yellow perils in Pompey and Southsea

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I seem to recall the Wiltshire Lamb was just as bad, also the Bistro nightclub (a.k.a Beasties) also had the crushers regularly parked up round the corner.

Dusty70

War Hero
Aaaaaaaaahhhh Bistro (see what I did there) one of the lovely ladies gave me some free lodgers I was very popular down the aft stokers mess (as an SA) on the Exmouth

Latest Threads