The Gift Horse

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Indefatigable, Feb 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Film4 right now! Why have I not heard of this film before? I think it'll be along the same lines as The Cruel Sea. So far it appears to be centred around the ship's company of an old US 4 stacker destroyer on lend-lease. I've just had a quick search on google and I think it will turn out to be very interesting viewing!

-Indie

2. It isn't bad. Loosely based on Campbeltown's St Nazaire raid.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

3. Remember seeing the film, and as SEP86 has stated its about the raid on St Nazairre. The flottilla left from Falmouth where there is a monument ot those brave souls who sailed that day on the raid. A good read on Wikki link below.
    St Nazaire Raid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sent by my obsolete computer using heavy tapa tapa

4. And soon the modern RN namesake will be visiting St Nazaire to commemorate the aniversary. Its her last official duty if the media are right. SEP86 will likely be able to shed light on it I'm sure

5. LMM

LMM

HMS Campbeltown attended the Falmouth St Nazaire Society service of remembrance on Friday and arrived in St Nazaire yesterday - with Falmouth veterans on board - to attend the 69th anniversary remembrance. Tomorrow is the actual anniversary. And yes, after this Campbeltown returns to Plymouth with her decommission pennant flying.