The gers in Portsmouth

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rfcjonnya, Jun 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yip that is right the mighty Rangers are on their way down to England once again for a friendly match. My question is are there any good bear friendly pubs to half a few drinks in before the game? We are not there to cause trouble before anyone starts their pish:D

WATP

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

What is "WATP"?

3. Roughly translated "Jocks awa' the noo!"

4. so its not like when the gers went to manchester and left it looking like glasgow??

5. A bigot.

6. Pompey needs a new city centre ,what German Bombs couldnt manage the bigoted boys in blue should easily achieve.

7. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

If you're dressed in match kit you won't get into Gunwharf but will get into the Guildhall - which is a boxing ring with taps and fridges!

Bets best one of the boozers on Albert Road (Google Map) not too far to stagger to /from Fratton Park

8. Oh fcuk, the skirt wearing savages are on their way, no doubt to rape our women and sheep. :thumbleft:

Mind you if they trash Fratton Park it can only improve it.

My impression of most Pompey fans is that they are a bunch of knuckle dragging throwbacks so I'm glad I'm not in DSC when the match takes place.

9. Ahhhhhhh the usual ignorant responses from the English. For the poster (Guzzler) who said WATP is bigoted you could not be more wrong, unless of course the bible is bigoted? Psalms 95:7 for the people who do not want to be brainwashed into the timmy way. Why come on this thread if you are not going to contribute? Trying to give Rangers a bad name? Funny that I assume you have sidings to the republican part of the city? Bit ironic if you have, no?

As for Manchester. The blame does not just lie with us. If 150,000 supporters where coming to your city would you not expect half decent resources open to you. For example more Portoloo's etc. Also the riots occurred because the GMP decided not to show the game on one of the big screens in Picadilly Gardens. FFS if your team was in a final and you went to the city without a ticket would you not want screens up for you? A mistake which they now no doubt regret. Can I also point out that out of all our away days in Europe that season we had no arrests till Manchester where only 45 where arrested. Now that is only 0.03% and that is being kind to our numbers. On top of that none of these people where charged and there is now a big inquest into the GMP's handling of the situation.

And to the last poster I think you will find a very very very small minority will be wearing a kilt down to Portsmouth. Although we are proud of our Scottish roots we are equally proud of our British roots.

NZ_Bootneck What the hell does that mean?

Stookers_plaything you are just an idiot. "Bigoted Boys in Blue"? Where are you even from? Can you tell me how we are bigots?

Wave_dodger cheers for your input you seem the only one who understood the original post.

We Are The People

10. Madelaines in Gosport is the local RFC Supporters club. However it is not the biggest place in the world.

11. Cheers mate will actually try to get along there to show our support to the local RSC.

WATP

12. Hope Pompey has a good clean up team with this bunch of bigots going there! And before you start rfcjonnya I've been to the midden you call home and heard the vile crap coming out of the mouths of the Blue loyal. Were you in George Square today when the Scottish Secretary Jim Murphy was abused by loyalists - some wearing Rangers tops - for being a Catholic? The other side are just as bad both teams should be banned and their scum supporters 'reeducated'.

13. Oberon I totally agree, however it'll never happen due to the level of income generated by the two clubs. It's amazing what can be overlooked whilst the money comes pouring in. For example domestic abuse (Gazza), Child Abuse (MJ), bigotry (RFC,CFC) the list goes on.

14. Did the :thumbleft: not give you a clue to not take that seriously?

Maybe the City of Manchester had underestimated the number of Rangers fans going down for the game and could have made better provision of services. As for GMP, they are a police force responsible for maintaining law and order, not a public entertainment company responsible for erecting big screens around a city. Blaming other people for trashing a city is just utter bollox. Rangers fans were responsible for what they did, nobody else. What they did was a football thugs version of a two year old's temper tantrum throwing his toys out of his pram 'cos he can't get his own way.

I repeat my point, nobody forced Rangers fans to riot, they weren't compelled to, and there is NO excuse for it.

As an aside, one thing I sincerely hope is that neither Rangers nor Celtic get to join the English (and Welsh) Premier League.

15. witsend

"Brainwashed into the timmy way", interesting view, care to expand on it further?
    I could really go on about this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WATP, FTP(Bob Malcolm), No Surrender, Donald Findlay, Big Jock knew, The famine song, taigs, Manchester, etc etc
    Maybe you should stick to followfollow.com where, you the man, are with like minded people. I had a quick scan of followfollow and 2 threads today stuck out in the bear pit. "Septic park on google earth", of course it was a Killie/Aberdeen fan who changed the writing on the Jock Stein stand to "big Jock knew stand" which refers to accusations Jock Stein knew and covered up child abuse at Celtic boys club. The other is "The Daily Express attacks Glasgow City Council",

Quote superger when penned the thread,

Organisers of a Glasgow street party to celebrate Armed Forces Day have been banned from flying the Union Flag, as Glasgow Councillors have said it could be seen as "provocative " against the backdrop of the Old Firm divide. Full story here.
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ail-war-heroes
    The paper then goes on to attack GCC in its Editorial Opinion Column.
    Flag Ban Is A Disgrace !

" More concerning Glasgow City Council's ban on people flying the Union flag because of sectarian implications. Surely no-one is going to object to the UK's national flag being flown in support of our troops ? Such sensitivities may be found WITHIN the City Council, but not on the streets of Dennistoun, where the public are loyally behind our servicemen, whatever their background. It is this kind of petty ruling that actually tends to provoke bigotry. If the council were to mind its own business, there would be fewer reminders of the darker side to football allegiances."

Even the Daily Express knows what the scum within Glasgow City Chambers are all about. unquote

Fair enough you might say and I have to agree, but the thread quickly descends into GCC is full of and run by inbred taigs.

Quote AppleBear1976,

GCC for taigs, by taigs.......... to be honest i am surprised that GCC have not come up with some other proposal, like 'support a terrorist day' its the sort of thing i would expect from that scum, unquote

Quote The Predator,

The GCC is full of dirty inbred rhat bag bastards. Total disgrace that the Union Flag could not be on display.
    GCC workers, the famines over, why don't you go home. unquote

Amazing how crimewatch had a slot for 50 wanted persons for the troubles in Manchester, but I'm sure none of them will have any connection with RFC.

Do yourself a favour, drop or mellow the WATP attitude before you join and have a think about who's brainwashing who.

WTTRW welcome to the real world

16. Ah, a well balanced jock. a chip on both shoulders. :roll:

How the hell were the Council, Police etc expected to know how many fans would be turning up without tickets, ya mong.

It means that having experienced both English and Scottish fans on the way to Wembley (As an Underground train driver.), the only time I was in any personal danger was when some Scot decided to squirt some CS gas into my cab.

I refer you to your own phrase 'Timmy' when refering to Catholics, Dumbass.

17. "We are ra peepul!"

Tossers.

18. witsend

Don't you sit on the fence!

19. MOD ON
    As this thread has little to do with Sport and Adventure Training, I hardly think asking for recommendations for pubs qualifies somehow, I'm moving it to Lil's.
    MOD OFF

Carry on.

20. 'Brainwashed into the timmy way'...right. So you've cited a Jewish enthronement Psalm in praise of YHWH which was written before Christianity even existed and certainly doesn't speak to any confessional divide between Catholics and Protestants. Only someone truly 'ignorant' could assume that it did.

And yes, the Bible is very bigoted in several places, not least the injunction to genocide in Deuteronomy 7 (KJV):

2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

A Rangers fan utterly ignorant of the basis of his own supposed religion calling others making perfectly valid points ignorant. What a surprise.