The Forgotten Part of Rum Ration

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by mikh, Jan 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Gash Barge, banished from the front page of RR is slowly dying, fewer and fewer posts in the threads.

For those who like me do not visit it very often and those who do not know of its existence, among the dross there are a few gems.
  2. Bloody Hell.... I've been missing Ganges62's admissions of being a 'PRETTY BOY' o_O :lol:

MODS: Please move this to Diamond Lils, so we can all fully enjoy Pretty Boy's (Norman?) contributions?
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I am a fan of the gash barge. I'm all for restoring it with a strong health warning. People need somewhere to kick off and take the p1ss.
  4. Used to be able to do that in here, oh my how things change.
  5. Indeed,it has.
  6. wet_blobby

Lads, it's up to the members to change things, we are all members of different sites, I do belive we are all members of at least two sites. (O.K I'm shite with passwords).

The only people to make a site change or thrive are the members. I'm all for a laugh, at times people and topics on here are serious, I believe theres room for a laugh and a p1sstake as well. O.k, I probably should wind me neck in with the newbies but, some people beg to have the p1ss taken out of them.
  7. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Which thread?

8. Try Ganges 62 - THE HARD OF HEARING thread.
  9. SF, I take we have you to thank for moving it out of the Gash Barge. Its a little gem, and certainly gave me something to laugh about when I read it.

10. I am still awaiting acces to read ROFT without joining so I can see what I may be siging up for.

11. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No worries.

The intent is not to dilute Lil's and nothing should be in the Gash Barge that hasn't appeared elsewhere. The Mods do try to inform when something has been shifted so the reason is understood - but not in this case obviously!
  12. Nutty, it has been suggested that part of the site will be 'open to the public' as it were and is in the hands of site admin, I will ask the question on how it is progressing tonight.
  13. Nutty did`nt you join once before then gave reasons for leaving? Sign on, if you don`t like it leave, It`s not rocket science eh?
  14. Hig

I joined at the start of ROMFT but thought it contained the bad parts of RR and not much of the good so left. We are now enjoined to look at the site again. I will but not if it requires me to join, like most sites allow I would like to see, before joining, what is going on within ROFT.

15. Can I buy it?
  16. Nutty, the site has grown somewhat in the past 6 months. 400 members, 1,709 topics containing 18,213 posts.

Fairly small in comparison to RR, but not bad for a six month old site (6 months old yesterday . All say AHhhhhhhh)

But ROMFT is different to RR, which is what The Doc intended from the start. ROMFT is definitely Lower Deck (although Maxi has been given a wardroom, but he gets lonely in there). The majority of the members are old and bold (some still serving) but we have a few younger members as well.

If you do decide to give it a whirl before a open access area is arranged, and do not like it, you can of course delete your own account, you do not have to request admin to do it for you.
  17. I'll lend you my logon details, Nutty, if you like, so you can explore deeper and pose as me!!! :lol:
  18. please explain what you mean by """ the bad parts of RR """
  19. Josie, Nutty means Hig! :biggrin:
  20. wet_blobby

Romft is definatley worth a gander Nutty, I view both sites but I must admit I find RR easier to navigate. I dont post to often on Romft and have continual problems logging on fault for being a 'puter biff, not Romft's.

Both sites are good.