Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Football Thread

howfen_lad

War Hero
I don't think for one minute spurs are now burst, we all know how hard it is for any team to get a result at stoke. So i still believe they will be fighting for a top three place come May.

Real Madrid are having a good start in the league, Barca are still the best but it could be Madrid's time to finish top dogs over the course of the season.

I cannot wait for the Champions league draw, My team United are of course not in it now, but there will be some great match ups for a football fan to watch.

Aaaaah, The beautiful game. :-D

howfen_lad

War Hero
Aye, you'll be lucky to make the top 4 this year. :confused3:

Wow big shout Wit's. Though we seem to have no magic in the middle, no settled back four and none of the strikers are looking like they will get the golden boot, we still have more than allot of the other teams, so i do think United will be top three.

Chelsea, now they could be the dark horses this year. I see them creeping up, but tomorrow night against city could tell a story.

Ill go.....Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City.

howfen_lad

War Hero
Well well well. I predicted a draw, but Chelsea have woken up and shown some, not many, but some cracks in City's Amour.

Good game for the mutual, great game for a United fan.

G

guestm

Well well well. I predicted a draw, but Chelsea have woken up and shown some, not many, but some cracks in City's Amour.

Good game for the mutual, great game for a United fan.

City lost their composure big time. Yaya Toure is a dirty, strop throwing, tooth sucking twat and I hope he and De Jong receive career ending leg breaks in the not too distant future.

howfen_lad

War Hero
City lost their composure big time. Yaya Toure is a dirty, strop throwing, tooth sucking twat and I hope he and De Jong receive career ending leg breaks in the not too distant future.
Cannot argue with that, get at him and he sulks, then makes mistakes.

Had half an eye on it while I was trying to educate Monty on good music. Good victory for the chasers. Sunday against the gunners will be massive.

:headbang:

Correct, Massive Sunday!! Super Sundays have been shite of late, this could be the best this season.

howfen_lad

War Hero
Oh i should of added this as well earlier, Van Persie is on fire this season. This goal was, well.......Textbook volley.

[video=youtube;90PnsPE_1xQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PnsPE_1xQ[/video]

Guzzler

War Hero
I support Brentford so am not qualified to comment on this thread.

The most qualified I would say.

Unless you're a glory seeking Brentford fan which is, let's face it, unlikely.

I enjoyed my few visits to GP, good place that.

Sorry, would hate to nick a Sky thread.

G

guestm

Seb Larrson's v liverpool was better.

[video=youtube;ihQ4du7ODl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQ4du7ODl4&feature=related[/video]

But none can touch the master:
[video=youtube;vUh-NcHi5ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUh-NcHi5ug[/video]

G

guestm

The most qualified I would say.

Unless you're a glory seeking Brentford fan which is, let's face it, unlikely.

I enjoyed my few visits to GP, good place that.

Sorry, would hate to nick a Sky thread.

Au contraire, as a follower of Carlisle United I am well versed in hoofball and can spot shite football when I see it. Although I shouldn't mention Carlisle United IVO a Brentford fan, I think Wembley still hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:

howfen_lad

War Hero
Paulos is one of the greatest, but for a big game, great player, late on, epic competition, and pure skill, i give you....

[video=youtube;QLmz7A2hTTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLmz7A2hTTk[/video]

Guzzler

War Hero
Sorry - missed yours.

Agree, as a Carlisle follower you are indeed a 'real' one as well.

I'm on the edge of a plastic fans rant but have done it so many times I really can't be bothered any more.

G

guestm

Paulos is one of the greatest, but for a big game, great player, late on, epic competition, and pure skill, i give you....
Not having that, it's an easier chance than all three above.

Now, Joe here, I know he took a touch but still:

[video=youtube;0q3XQReoz30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3XQReoz30[/video]

howfen_lad

War Hero
Give it to Joe Cole, he knows how to hit them when he wants.

So many to choose from, that is the Beautiful game!!

G

guestm

The single greatest and most dramatic moment in Football history bar none. Still get shivers down my spine watching this, at the time I went absolutely batshit and to this day I've never known euphoria like it:

[video=youtube;K6iRHbWDXEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iRHbWDXEY[/video]

[video=youtube;KejwqhLDeOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KejwqhLDeOs&feature=related[/video]

Guzzler

War Hero
Being a former follower of your opposition on that day I must concur. Very 'Roy of the Rovers' type stuff.

howfen_lad

War Hero
The so called relegation, six point, battle of Lancashire is taking place between Blackburn and Bolton.

Currently Bolton are two goals up.....Looks like the Rovers boss will be sacked in the morning, if the fans have their way!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS £10 million lifeline from the National Lottery for National League football announced by Culture Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former football boss has bankruptcy restrictions extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HRH Duke of Cambridge and football legends champion mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England helps fans with festive football fixtures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Minister for Sport, Media and Creative Industries to President of UEFA in relation to racism in football MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Here we go! Football fans urged to remember basic rules of road MoD News 0
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
MoD_RSS News story: Airspace modernisation to make flying greener and more reliable as football fans travel to Madrid on busiest-ever day for flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Football fans score extra time with HS2 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Sports Minister Mims Davies oral statement on racism in football MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Significant progress on better rail deal for football fans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Property developer behind incomplete football stadium banned MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Highways England helps football fans reach festive fixtures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: The British army women’s football team visits Kuwait MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF football team play Irish Defence Forces MoD News 0
janner The Football fiasco. Diamond Lil's 86
W Royal Navy Football Sports and Adventure Training 1
burnleymitchy Football before Raleigh? Health & Fitness 11
W Football worth watching again Sports and Adventure Training 7
soleil BBC: Football Focus With The Troops In Afghanistan - Saturday, 21st December 2013 Bases / Shore Est 1
Repulse Flotilla Football History 3
W Army vs RAF ladies football match 20 Mar 13 Diamond Lil's 12
Bunter Glasgow Football Blue Jokes 2
J Football in the navy Hobbies & The Great Indoors 7
SONAR-BENDER I hate football - am I alone? Diamond Lil's 56
trehorn England Football Team Sing the National Anthem! Current Affairs 0
H HMS Southampton Football Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
trehorn Football Season Ticket Benefits. Sports and Adventure Training 4
MoD_RSS Afghan soldiers beat Royal Marines in Helmand football match Current Affairs 2
diesel The football season is about to start Diamond Lil's 1
Joint_Force_Harrier Your Football Team? Sports and Adventure Training 70
Scorch football Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Football 2 Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Football Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Football Miscellaneous 0
BillyNoMates Airdrie United Football Clubs 2 minutes silence....... Diamond Lil's 1
soleil "Horatio Nelson 'Was French Football Captain', Say Children" Current Affairs 21
Blackrat Football Alternatives Diamond Lil's 17
soleil HMS Kent: Lucky football fans won't miss World Cup after all The Fleet 1
Haggis_Catcher football coupon Sports and Adventure Training 12
chockhead819 Football miss of the season Diamond Lil's 1
Drakey Unbelievable football (American) Sports and Adventure Training 0
S Football Sports and Adventure Training 7
S Football Sports and Adventure Training 7
J Football Puzzle Sports and Adventure Training 0
K Charity 6 aside Football Tournament Charity 1
Rookie-WWFC Football Boots Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Scarface2009 Free Live Football Streaming Sports and Adventure Training 3
brigham600 Dad kicked like a football by young thugs Current Affairs 10
supermario NFL American Football - Wembley - Sunday PM Sports and Adventure Training 0