The flying Lemon: more F35 / C&T bollocks

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Goodwinch95, Oct 20, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Glad to see that the F35b is continuing to prove the worst buy ever. You are not allowed to fly it unless you you weigh more than 9st 10lbs due to the fact that on ejection your neck will be broken. This would be caused by the bulky helmet used for all round vision. It is only going to years two years to fix it. As the RAF will own the planes we can only hope they won't let the RN have any. So the RN can order the Super Hornet or the Rafael, oh sorry I forgot, no Cats and Traps. What a shambles.

2. Glad to see that the F35b is continuing to prove the worst buy ever. You are not allowed to fly it unless you you weigh more than 9st 10lbs due to the fact that on ejection your neck will be broken. This would be caused by the bulky helmet used for all round vision. It is only going to years two years to fix it. As the RAF will own the planes we can only hope they won't let the RN have any. So the RN can order the Super Hornet or the Rafael, oh sorry I forgot, no Cats and Traps. What a shambles.

• Bullshit Bullshit x 2
    • Braindead Braindead x 2
  3. fucks.JPG

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Does RR do O2 Thief tags? If so, I may have a nomination!

Regards,
    MM

5. No less true

6. No doubt one of the resident Woo's will correct me (??urban myth) however I seem to recall that you had to be a certain height to fly the Hunter as if you were too tall the ejection seat took your legs off at the knees ... and we (UK) were flying them for eons!

7. Close - it was the Folland Gnat (Hawk predecessor) and the reason we kept some Hunters was for folk too tall to fit into the Gnat.

A US friend got most of the way through carrier training in a TA-4 Skyhawk... that would have killed him if he'd had to eject (knees taken off by the instruments, plus he'd have been breaking the canopy with his head not the spikes on the seat - he was too long in the back and the thigh for the aircraft) but that was the 1970s and they got away wit this being an incentive for Jeff to fly well enough not to need to bang out...

• Like Like x 1
  8. March yourself briskly off and get some new material you dung trumpet, and take your time doing it. All the time you need.

Barged.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1. Ejection seats have always had limits on them for weight, height and buttock-knee length. The F35 having a limit is nothing new.
    2. Who the hell weighs less than 9st 10lbs and will be flying the F35?
    3. If it is associated with the helmet weight then it's a matter of beefing up the neck muscles....easily accomplished.
    4. Raphael is a painter. Raphale is a Frog jet.
    5. Lightning was the worst for removing kneecaps. Patching switches on the Harrier could catch the boot laces upon ejection, hence the natty flaps that Bona Mates had on their boots.
    6. What Monty said.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I bet that you are a connoisseur of 'bulky helmets.' You taster of japseyes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Have your hopes been smashed by this restriction? What a shame.
    How much more do you need to grow?

• Like Like x 1
  12. we (an overseas air force) have a girl currently in flight training with aspirations be an F35 pilot. She weighs less than 8 1/2 stone.

13. Will her feet reach the pedals?
    Seriously, the F-35 isn't the only high performance aircraft with height/weight restrictions but provided she meets the other stringent criteria for flying fast jets, her aspirations should be attainable within the next 18 months:
    USAF: Expanded Risk of Neck Damage to F-35 Pilots