The floods.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Feb 8, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although I don't live in the UK, we do watch the news and have seen all the horrendous flooding and all the poor folk whose lives have been thrown well out of kilter by the weeks of inaction.

So I got to thinking....

Where are all the Bonos and Geldofs with the 'charity concerts?'
    Why have we not seen any foreign flagged Navies carrying out Distexes?
    Why has Smudge not been sacked?

It was good to see the Booties going in and not being referred to as 'The Army!' Also even the Red Cross had an Unimog in action at one site.

Finally, since charity begins at home, how about siphoning off (Government experts in siphonong are available) some of the International Aid funds for relief?

I have put this in Lil's for a reason! disgust

2. You answered your own question. We're dealing with it ourselves. It's a bit of rain not a tsunami.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ive seen smaller tsunamis that have got aid. [​IMG]

4. No you haven't. Don't be silly.

5. Where are the water companies in this time of excess moisture? When we have a dry spell every drop of water belongs to the water companies, so assuming that the amount of water in the world is pretty constant it all belongs to them now. Therefore, they should be at the forefront of any damage limitation and/or repair works. And why isn't some of this water saved for future use in times of drought? I'll bet a pound to a pinch of the old brown stuff that there's a hosepipe ban this summer!

6. The area has been secured by Britains finest.
    [​IMG]

Going backwards?

• Like Like x 2

7. Hope to fcuk we don't get a lot of rain.....would that qualify for aid ?

8. You'll get a bunch of matelots, marines or pongos turn up in an MT bus and sandbag your door. Probably with you on the other side.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I suppose the bast*rds will expect tea and bickies as well.

10. Probably, as bag meals have unfortunately been provided.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think the most recent RNR Continuous Attitude survey did ask a question about how people would feel about being mobilised to fill sandbags and wade around Somerset.

12. AAF

AAF Badgeman

• Like Like x 1
  13. I did a watch yesterday at Portland Bill lookout with a chap who lives right on Chesil Beach. Brandy Row. His house was right in the thick of it. He was quiet stoic about it all. Living next to the beach he said - you have to expect a bit of water !!!!! He has been totally flooded out downstairs. He's still smiling - not as if it happens every day he said!!!!

(Wouldn't mind but he's an ex pongo!!!)

14. Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  15. Way back in the days of black and white film!!!! Where the video was shot is the same spot Chesil Beach Motors new showroom stood until a very similar wave decided it wasn't in the correct place and removed the showroom!! 284.jpg

16. IMG_0143[1].jpg IMG_0153[1].jpg IMG_0151[1].jpg
    Flooding in Leicestershire taken from a moving a Train

17. IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    These are taken at TRent Juntion which is three river including the Soar and Trent convering on point

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm surprised we haven't had a person joining Raleigh, BRNC or CTC flapping about there being no trains.

19. No trains?? How am I going to get to Dartmouth tomorrow?! Aaaggghhhh!!!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

20. Ref your last:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3