The Fleet Air arm today

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalwart

Banned
Not_a_boffin said:
Or maybe people have realised that a titular RA FAA (subsidiary hat of 2SL) wasn't working and have done something about it.

You throbber.
Which of his hats would 2SL have been talking through?

Whatever you MAY think of Stalwart, please refrain from personal abuse :)

Try "Your posts have as much personality as Alan Partridge" for example, rather than "Stalwart, you are a Knob" and such :)

Thank you!

boredwafu

Lantern Swinger
Lamri said:

Try "Your posts have as much personality as Alan Partridge" for example, rather than "Stalwart, you are a Knob" and such :)

Thank you!

I do apologise, saw he had a similar post on another thread, equally purile, so typed what I thought - will think of a more witty/cutting remark next time ;-)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
boredwafu said:
Lamri said:

Thank you!

I do apologise, saw he had a similar post on another thread, equally purile, so typed what I thought - will think of a more witty/cutting remark next time ;-)

Phew! Thanks for clearing up the confusion - I thought you were talking about 2SL... 8O :lol:

ntoms

Well congratulations to Simon, I flew with him on many occasions over a three year period, nice to see his promotion went further than mine

ps simon do you remember cyprus ?||||||

scouse

War Hero
stalwart said:
Lamri said:
Oh good for him!
SC was my old Skipper on the Brazen (When she,'ahem', parked!) :)
That's how they get their promotion today. I nearly avoided grounding-sorry
My navigator was down below with a monumental hang-over. Let's be fair he couldn't know what was going on. He would have avoided collision had he been up to it.
the gunnery officer of the Danae couldnt use that one as an excuse when he grounded the ship high and dry on the rocks/as the Nav and the Skipper /were ashore at the time/ :angel4: :thumright:

still sounds like a job for the boys club.

How many admirals are there now in the RN. Sack half of them with 1/2 pay and see if the monies could be put to a better use!

stalwart

Banned
cornishgolfer said:
still sounds like a job for the boys club.

How many admirals are there now in the RN. Sack half of them with 1/2 pay and see if the monies could be put to a better use!
No way they are mostly re-employed at taxpayers expense as Keeper of the Tower
Deputy Second Keeper of the Tower. All on new pensionable terms in addition to their MOD half pay. Sack half of them?
What would the other half do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.