The Fleet Air arm today

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by stalwart, Jan 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Johns has realised that being RA FAA is no longer a going concern. A Rear Admiral in charge of what remains of a Fleet Air Arm. Not for him. He has his time cut out as 2SL dealing with an ever increasing FOIA back log
    However, the post has been down -graded to Commodore
    The new head of the Fleet Air Arm is to be COS!Avn) Simon Charlier. Just been reminded he is not on his tod- Simon has a boss in HRH The Duke of York KG KCVO ADC(P) Our Commodore-in-Chief Fleet Air Arm.
  2. Oh good for him!
    SC was my old Skipper on the Brazen (When she,'ahem', parked!) :)
  3. That's how they get their promotion today. I nearly avoided grounding-sorry
    My navigator was down below with a monumental hang-over. Let's be fair he couldn't know what was going on. He would have avoided collision had he been up to it.
  4. Well, this was quite a few years ago now, so it really didn't help him at all.
  5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I'm confused, is this the same Commodore Charlier who has been Head of the FAA as ACOS(AV) since November 2004 Scroll down almost to the bottom for piccy
  6. True but we are to lose our beloved RA FAA Adrian. Nothing more Nothing less . The FAA is to lose its Rear Admiral.
  7. Still having a WAAAAH because you couldn't hack it in the RN and your grandson got passed over I see Norman…
  8. Several years ago, my wife made a new friend, Juliet. Her husband had been in the Andrew, and she wondered if I had ever come across him. "He was in the Fleet Air Arm" she enthused. "Oh," replied my missus, "I don't think he knows many of them." "Yes," continued Juliet, "He was FONAC!"
  9. As my wife responded. "What the fonac is a fonac?" No wonder juliet had no idea what Romeo was going on about. Who's Andrew? is he related to Fonac? So confusing. Must take a lie down with the illegal au pair
  10. On 1 Feb 08, Rear Admiral Charlier assumes the new appointment of Chief of Staff Fleet Aviation (COS Avn), with it comes the Head of Fighting Arm title, Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm . :salut:
  12. Or maybe people have realised that a titular RA FAA (subsidiary hat of 2SL) wasn't working and have done something about it.

You throbber.
  14. Which of his hats would 2SL have been talking through?
  15. knob
  16. Whatever you MAY think of Stalwart, please refrain from personal abuse :)

Try "Your posts have as much personality as Alan Partridge" for example, rather than "Stalwart, you are a Knob" and such :)

Thank you!
  17. Calling a knob a knob is not personal abuse… Now calling a knob a c*nt… that would be abuse.
  18. I do apologise, saw he had a similar post on another thread, equally purile, so typed what I thought - will think of a more witty/cutting remark next time ;-)
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Phew! Thanks for clearing up the confusion - I thought you were talking about 2SL... 8O :lol:
  20. Well congratulations to Simon, I flew with him on many occasions over a three year period, nice to see his promotion went further than mine

ps simon do you remember cyprus ?||||||
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.