The Falklands War

Discussion in 'History' started by HopefulSailor11, May 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Everyone,

I am doing my A Levels at the moment and as part of this I have to complete a major project. I am planning to do my project on the Falklands a detailed study of the Royal Navies Operations during this war.

I was just wondering if it would be possible for you to post some of your personnal experiences of the war. Whilst it is possible to read accounts such as Sharkey Wards book, I would like to include the feelings and experiences of the average sailor and marine for my project.

If you would like to contact me comment below and I shall message you.

Thank you for your help.

John

2. Read "Four weeks in may"

3. Read "Sink the Belgrano"

4. Don't read anything by "Finks":-D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Google is your friend. There are vast numbers of tales of daring do on therre, you may have to do some work like filtering a few sites but there are masses of stories out there.

Try the SAMA site for starters.

6. "Diver" by Tony Groom, excellent read and a different perspective of the war.

7. thats great thanks everyone! that should keep me more than busy over the summer holidays then cheers!

8. And "ordeal by Exocet"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. It may be a good idea if you made it clear that you are aware that there was only one Royal Navy involved as opposed to the Royal Navies that you seem to think got stuck in.

What with it being 'A' level and all that...

10. A funny book written by a bootie "Don't Cry For Me Sergeant Major" gives the black humour of the Marines in the Falklands a good airing.

11. Aye, the booties are the real hero's of that one.

12. "Thatch, you cnut." mostly. Feel free to use that in your exam essay.

13. Read, " Too Few, Too Far" ISBN: 9781848680968

14. Oh dear, oh dear!

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

16. That just makes you look a bit stupid because that is the correct English. It is inferring the operations of the Royal Navy..... admittedly I should have put 'Royal Navy's' but oh well.

And thank for the recommendations everyone

17. So you admit your English was incorrect (spelling/ grammar) but Guzzler "looks a bit stupid" because he pointed out that your English was incorrect !!

When you've finished your "piece of work" why not publish it on here so that RR members can proof read it for you?

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  18. not a good Idea to publish it on here to many People on here with opinions and no experience best of luck with your project and im sure Falkland vets will appreciate your Interest to those who died