The Falklands War Then & Now

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Hucks, Jul 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you unfamiliar with the UK publishers After The Battle (who release a quarterly magazine under that title), this book is their first (and so far only) Then & Now book dated for a military conflict in the post-WW 2 era.
    I have all their WW-2 related Then & Now books and this is up there as being one of their best and while in the past all the T & N books used B & W photos for both the 'Then' images and the 'Now' this publication uses colour images and is just as good for it. It is a large sized and heavy book and covers all aspects of the war from the Argentine invasion, life under occupation, the British build-up and onwards and covers all the battles, all the services and personnel. The book is crammed full of Then & Now images including the aircraft crash sites, battlefields, damaged & sinking ships and everything in between. Along with the images is a narrative of the conflict as told in the words of many of those who were there, some of which run for 4 pages or more and include plenty of Royal Navy personnel from Admiral down to Able.
    There will be plenty of photos that I am sure many members here have never seen before and includes combat images taken from the ships and Argentine gun camera footage from the aircraft.
    The final chapter is a Roll Of Honour for those killed on both sides and features images of numerous memorials and gravestones.

I really do highly recommend this tome of 624 pages and doubt many will be disappointed in it. The publishers sell it for £47.95...

...but Amazon currently have some priced for around £29 in the New & Used section...
    The Falklands War Then and Now: Gordon Ramsey: Books
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013