The F35B

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Goodwinch95, Jul 11, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to update you all on the state of our new "stealth fighter which is at Farnborough this week. This is the largest air show in the world and the BBC cannot be bothered to show anything of it. But I digress. In the Times today we have an assessment of the aircraft from the Pentagon which states that the operating system has 930 documented deficiencies 158 of which are of a classification which indicates could cause death, severe injury, or illness. Not bad for something now costing 100 million dollars.
  2. Oh dear.

I strongly suggest you find yourself a different subject to wade into ill-prepared.

3. I suggest you read the article
  4. I hear it cannot fly and cannot possibly take off from or land on a ship.... Oh, what's that?

5. I suggest you provide a link.
  6. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Many aircraft have broadly similar issues, but what you've failed to add are the mitigations and envelope restrictions put in place to ensure a safer flight performance.

Yes F35 is having a difficult development, go and read up on Tornado and Typhoon. Complex systems tend to have complex developments.

You're clutching at straws. The aircrew flying F35 love it. Much rather take their word over anyone else's.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I don't need to, I'm at the coalface.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Ah, that would explain the avatar
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Still cant understand why the crabs need them o_O
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Raymond Baxter is dead. '...the BBC cannot be bothered' is a logical fallacy beyond the false dichotomy.

It appears some of us are better informed than you are. The media are not a good source of Defence information. Neither is Facebook.
  11. If they had built proper carriers in the first place we would not be having all these problems. We could have had the F18 super Hornet and then have, if we must, the F35b, when it is proven to work. There is also some doubt as to whether it can outperfom the F15,F16 and the F18 which it supposed to replace. There are also issues with the $400.000 a time 360 pilot helmet mounted display. As one executive asked at the Airshow this week " what went wrong with the F35? What hasn't gone wrong with it" was the answer. The article is in the Times on Saturday
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 2
  12. wave_dodger

Looked fine when I saw it on Sunday
    • Like Like x 1
  13. wave_dodger

And in the air, hovering more and longer than Harrier ever could, then normal flight followed by VSTOL landing. 2016-07-12_02-51-05.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  14. wave_dodger

I did like this... 2016-07-12_02-51-14.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I just hope we've bought the right one!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Not limited to 50 gallons of Demin Water then? :)
    • Like Like x 2
  17. If, could, maybe...if we had lost WW2 we would be speaking German, If WW3 had broken out we wouldn't be speaking anything.
  18. STFU ;)
    • Like Like x 1