Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Execution of Saddam Hussein Al-Tikriti

andym said:
Why did they put a cloth around his neck to protect it from the rope?I thought the whole thing was to hang him!

It was his hood
By law he has to have a hood on him when he got hung

However he refused having a hood over his face, so they had to put it !

As far as i can tell any way.

I see the arabs' have started kicking off (yawn) because saddam was hung at the time of their Eid al-Adha. Like these fcuks' have ever given a toss about when they bomb people or how they took advantage of the Yom Kippur holiday when the jews were having the equivalent of Christmas dinner, this also coincided with Ramadan. These knobbers' have got a cheek. Anything they can crow over they use, I understand the jealousy against the West and our superior level of education that took us out of the dark ages, but maybe it is time these fools got with the programme, ditched the holy prophet nonsense and started to educate themselves with common sense for the future of their race. If not, they will forever be the same warring tribal savages that have been battling us and themselves since christ was a corporal.

Yes Saddam is dead and buried,but didn't the Yanks do well, following his death THEY took the body back home for burial amongst HIS supporters! Now if that hasn't given the martyrs movement some credability I don't know what has! Should keep the civil war going for another three years at least! Prats...........

Apparently Saddam Hussein was annoyed that he missed the 2007 New Year's celebrations but he was still hung over from the night before.

:lol:

safewalrus wrote
Yes Saddam is dead and buried,but didn't the Yanks do well, following his death THEY took the body back home for burial amongst HIS supporters!

Where does it say that the US took custody of his remains or even provided transport?

Seadog said:
safewalrus wrote
Yes Saddam is dead and buried,but didn't the Yanks do well, following his death THEY took the body back home for burial amongst HIS supporters!

Where does it say that the US took custody of his remains or even provided transport?

The USA flew his body to an RV near Tikrit in a Blackhawk accompanied by the province governor, a Tikriti clan chief. It was handed over to Saddam's relatives who took it to Tikrit and buried it next to his two sons. Sorry for not linking Seadog but it's in most of the MSM including the Beeb.

The lynching of Saddam was an idiotic move but at least it's covered the tracks of a lot of people in the USA who would have been sorely embarrassed if he had been allowed to testify on January 8th and to name names.

It's interesting to see the spin put on it in a lot of the meeja, particularly the exchanges he had with the ski-masked Sadr executioners. Practically none of the MSM, including the BBC reported it accurately. There are some bona fide Arabic-English translations that show that he was as defiant as ever, refusing to be hooded and questioning the manhood of the Sadr militiamen who were in the room.

It was a 3-Ring circus and the fact that he was executed by masked Shi'ite militia men who tried to taunt him with the name of Muqtada al-Sadr has raised the Sunnis to a frenzy. You can hear him reciting "Ashadu an la ilaha ila Allah, wa ashhadu ana Mohammed rasool Allah". These are the words that moslems be they Shia or Sunni should recite on their deathbed. The executioners pulled the lever half-way through his prayer. This is another reason why there will be huge repercussions and one can only wonder if Shrub is trying to inflame a bad situation or if he is just plain dumb as a box of rocks.

Four years of an unneccessary war of choice, half a trillion dollars down the drain, thousands of soldiers killed and maimed, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed and western influence and prestige in the crapper; and they couldn't even organise a lynching properly.

If that isn't bad enough Shrub took his eyes off Afghanistan which should have been the main focus of our attentions and look what is happening there now. A respected ex-CIA officer has just gone public and stated that Afghanistan is lost. Incredible.

RM

Bergan wrote
Four years of an unneccessary war of choice, half a trillion dollars down the drain, thousands of soldiers killed and maimed, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed and western influence and prestige in the crapper; and they couldn't even organise a lynching properly.

Yes mate, but the American Oil and defence industries are doing well eh? :evil: :cry:
RoofRat

Thanks for that Bergen. Last I saw of SH's remains was his shabby looking coffin going into the back of a shabby looking pick up. I thought it was a 'local' affair.

Hello everybody.

Firstly, happy 2007 to you all. I hope you got through things safe and soound.

Secondly and more important with regard to this thread:

I was very upset that Saddam didn't wear his trilby hat or a beret (that has already been ebayed) for his execution. I always think a leader looks more respectable in a hat.

Uncle Erich of the workers trabnat paradise of the GDR always wore a lovely hat outdoors, and of course so did Hitler. So Saddam Wherever you are now), I hope you feel proud of yourself, dying without a hat on.

andym said:
Why did they put a cloth around his neck to protect it from the rope?I thought the whole thing was to hang him!

The idea of the cloth was to stop rope burn.

Fecking hell!!!! What a rope that was!!! Last time I sawed a rope like that it was at Albert Dock in Liverpool holding the Isle of Man Ferry.

Reminds me of the old regime in South Africa!!

A hessian rope for the none whites and a silk rope for the whites.

That's when the whites got hung of course which was about as common as Prince Charles donating to the anti blood sports league.

Latest Threads