The Eurovision Song Contest.

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by ex-ex, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There can be no better incentive to go to the pub and get mashed than this political shrieking event. I loath it.

2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I saw the news last night and for a glorious moment I thought we had failed to qualify for the finla, and that all those who had came from Eastern Europe. Apparantly though we get an automatic bye into the final.

And I seem to be displaying far too much knowledge about this.....

3. Yes SF, you certainly do, don't you! :twisted:

4. silverfox

the shame, the shame.......

5. LURVE eurovision - won't hear a thing said against it!

In no particular order, the best things are

1. Terry Wogan, as his smart arse comments
    2. The crap music
    3. The Kitsch
    4. The voting for ones neighbours and not ones enemies
    5. Terry Wogan
    6. Terry Wogan

6. silverfox

there's a bit of a theme building here Rosie

7. Look there is nothing wrong with Terry Wogan that a good snorker and a basket of muffins would not fix. He has 8 million listeners every morning and he makes me laugh.

SF you make me laugh but that is because you frighten me!

Sir Terry for PM!

8. Ah, that age-old needle match between the the W. European bloc, the E. European bloc, the Scandinavian bloc plus Iceland, and the Balkan bloc, (not forgetting, of course, the usual rigmarole involving Turkey, Greece and Cyprus), with everyone except Holland and Eire putting the boot into the UK because of Iraq.

Never mind the music, feel the politics. Thank goodness for St Terry who gives it all the 'gravitas' it deserves. (Not that I ever watch it myself, you understand.) :oops:

9. silverfox

I frighten you? Thats a bit of role reversal then!! Nothing wrong with our Tel....

... that a good therapist couldn't cure!!!

(I'm more of a Chris Evans man myself, but definately Radio 2..)

10. He's ok, but I'm more of a Radio 4 listener myself.

11. [quote=" He has 8 million listeners every morning and he makes me laugh.

He is employed by the NHS to ensure regular bowel movements every morning.

12. Bang on!
    And I won't be watching the Spanish TV version of it tonight! Which will be about as dry as week old toast.
    Plenty of good wine and food laid in though to ensure there is no memory of the thing tomorrow.
    I miss St Terry and reckon that Sarah Kennedy should get a knighthood. I've almost driven off the road on account of some of here comments.

13. LOVE IT... I am flying the flag tonight! Whoop.

14. Go for it girl!

15. Eurovision! What a load of old pony. I've got a blank wall I'd rather stare at for 4 hours. Load of sh1te. :(

16. Actually, in all fairness I think some of the bands are relatively good. The Finnish band last year was rather, different. It will be interesting to watch and besides, Eurovision easily beats a lot of the crap that producers put on television anyway (ie: Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity...Get me out of here!, etc).

17. There was a time when this tripe ment somthing... but now its soooooooo sadily fixed that its never worth the effort of sitting on a comfy chair to fall asleep to.............

18. The Eurovision song contest, three hours of unadulterated rubbish that even insults the intelligence of morons.

19. MMmm! How many films have I seen the beginning and end of of but not the bit in the middle.

20. No, no, no.

You have it all wrong, it is not meant to be good, per se.

It is post modern irony.