The end of GYH(T)?

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Popcorn, Dec 9, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've recently heard that GYH(T) will no longer be availible from next year.
    Has anyone else heard this? I'm hoping that it's a gash dit!
  2. It may be part of NEM - no one knows!
  3. Haven't heard that, however if it does go, it's one of those things that will certainly tip a huge amount of people out the door.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It certainly will
  5. It would almost certainly mean me heading out the door. My career is secondary to Mrs MLP's and I'm not paying £400+ a month for the privilege of getting to work.

I'm almost excited to see the NEM now.
  6. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

There is a Mrs MLP? and a non inflatable type at that as well?

you've sold out man, game over man, game over...
  7. Yup, despite what anyone thought, she's real. I introduced her to @Blackrat to prove it, in hindsight that may have been a mistake.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. For her, him or you?
  9. All of us.
  10. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

A little decorum please...:rolleyes:
  11. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Just saying...
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. What is RR coming to ? , Twigs posting funny response ? , will have to consult BCGpb for guidance.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Will it? Really?
    Lucky you, I don't expect there are very many users of GYH(T) who are so fortunate.
    Aren't we all.... the NEM pay model (or at least the trades to supplements) was supposed to have been announced prior to the general election, which was subsequently moved to after the general election - I wonder why?
  14. It will. Stability is a key factor in service now to most people I know. The old Victorian service attitude that the serviceman comes first and the family move with him are long gone.

With the pension not as appealing anymore and not the trap it once was, stripping away GYH would be the proverbial final straw.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. Love how this announcement of NEM keeps getting put back. I am sure we were supposed to hear something on the back of the Gov spending review. Guessing April 16 will be the next target?
  16. I was briefed the first week of Jan 16 for "whole ship" announcements, with a roadshow to help it along. Who knows if that is still true.

Although, it says a lot about the RN's internal comms that we're having to use social media to talk about this. I wonder if it could be considered "embarrassing" and thus attract administrative action?
    • Like Like x 1

17. Do you mean like mentioning 4Bn REME OC's coffee and biscuits........?
  18. I thought it was supposed to be implemented on 1 April 2016.

Why do we always introduce new stuff on April Fools day?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Besides.

This rumour goes around every now and again, it's not going to happen.