The end of an era....

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
... for me anyway, but I'm sure the RNR won't notice the difference - one less dinosaur CPO, one more promotion opportunity for CIS POs!

On Friday I sent a letter of resignation to the CO of my RTC. Despite not having attended a drill since last July (the unit balked at the weekly travel costs from Canada to Brum), I feel ever so slightly sad. For the first time since October 1984 I no longer carry an RNR ID card :(

Its been a great 20+ years during which I've seen the RNR move from the days of 10MCM and the River Class to today's RNR which is much more closely aligned with the RN. Would I do it again given the chance? Damn right I would!

Onto the important matters, leaving run - I'll be heading out to downtown Petawawa next Friday night with the intention of having my first drink at 2200Z (1800 EST, 2300 BST) - all those who wish to join me for a virtual run ashore by having a drink at this time are more than welcome :)

Likewise Flagwagger, I shall join you in a virtual manner (but with real world beer and whiskey). Good Luck, will you still be coming on here though?

stab

FlagWagger, perhaps what we need on RR is a CyberNavy with all the heartache, sickening fear, physical exhaustion, fun, endurance and rum needed to keep the cyber crew happy.

FW.

Having worked with you a few years ago and had a beer or two since. I can only say you will be sorely missed. Your coolness under (some :) ) pressure and your ability to pass on your undoubted knowledge, without arrogance, is a great loss to the service. Most of all your understanding of the 'real rank structure' in the service is a lesson you taught me well.

Cheers buddy. I owe ya one.

M(R)

Always_a_Civvy said:
FlagWagger, perhaps what we need on RR is a CyberNavy with all the heartache, sickening fear, physical exhaustion, fun, endurance and rum needed to keep the cyber crew happy.
I can just see a cyber Bliar and Broon cutting that to the bone also.

wysiwyg

Lantern Swinger
Sh1t FlagWagger, that was one hell of a run! Only just surfaced to find I was slumped in front of my PC!!!!! Anticipate hangover ETA within next 12 hours.

Latest Threads