The end of an era....

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by FlagWagger, May 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

... for me anyway, but I'm sure the RNR won't notice the difference - one less dinosaur CPO, one more promotion opportunity for CIS POs!

On Friday I sent a letter of resignation to the CO of my RTC. Despite not having attended a drill since last July (the unit balked at the weekly travel costs from Canada to Brum), I feel ever so slightly sad. For the first time since October 1984 I no longer carry an RNR ID card :(

Its been a great 20+ years during which I've seen the RNR move from the days of 10MCM and the River Class to today's RNR which is much more closely aligned with the RN. Would I do it again given the chance? Damn right I would!

Onto the important matters, leaving run - I'll be heading out to downtown Petawawa next Friday night with the intention of having my first drink at 2200Z (1800 EST, 2300 BST) - all those who wish to join me for a virtual run ashore by having a drink at this time are more than welcome :)
  2. I'll raise a glass with you.

Cheers Chief.... all the best. :eek:
  3. Likewise Flagwagger, I shall join you in a virtual manner (but with real world beer and whiskey). Good Luck, will you still be coming on here though?

4. FlagWagger, perhaps what we need on RR is a CyberNavy with all the heartache, sickening fear, physical exhaustion, fun, endurance and rum needed to keep the cyber crew happy.
  5. FW.

Having worked with you a few years ago and had a beer or two since. I can only say you will be sorely missed. Your coolness under (some :) ) pressure and your ability to pass on your undoubted knowledge, without arrogance, is a great loss to the service. Most of all your understanding of the 'real rank structure' in the service is a lesson you taught me well.

Cheers buddy. I owe ya one.

6. I can just see a cyber Bliar and Broon cutting that to the bone also.
  7. All the best chief, sorry to hear you are bowing out. I will certainly join in a virtual run ashore. :eek:
  8. Best wishes Bunts.
  9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Bar's open, I'm early - more drinking time!

Cheers and good bye to the RNR (but not RR).
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Burp, cheers mate!

Throw another tinnie on the barbie, as they say in Canada.

(Or one of those other colonial outposts)
  11. Sh1t FlagWagger, that was one hell of a run! Only just surfaced to find I was slumped in front of my PC!!!!! Anticipate hangover ETA within next 12 hours.