The Elmer's Astute

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SONAR-BENDER, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An 'Oooops' moment.

Re Subic, Oh yes, nice place!!! Colourful in more ways than one.

Saw the Philippine police shoot a Yank sailor on the main street Alongapo! Most memorable for the wrong reasons.

2. Isn't it strange that the $61m value in the Link header becomes $277m in the article.

3. Police ?, all the bars had the security on the door in uniform that resembled local plod with Magnum on the hip, we were confused until a mini hell from one bar kicked off, from nowhere plod arrived in jeep with repeater shot guns and scattered everyone. Scary at the time as some security had chrome plated shooters which they twizeled around thier fingers, must have got that from Elmer. Good run all the same, I am talking 74/75.

4. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Albion 70/71, defo Plod. Blue uniform - shouted a warning then blasted the Elmer. Fell back into the bar I just walked out of at that point.

I hope you helped the local economy and threw a few coins off the bridge for the young uns to dive in for!!!!!

6. Did you visit Subic City ?, that place was like Alongapo on acid, 'security' at one bar was an old geezer sat in a deckchair and same repeater shotgun. Left the coin throwing to Elmer, first time I had ever come across Elmer shore patrol, worse than Gut plod.