The editorial in today's Sun newspaper

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by DancesWithJPA, Oct 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So apparently, if you see a serviceman in uniform, you're to shake their hand and offer to buy them a drink? That could get messy if everyone starts doing it. I see about 250 every day...

2. But what a great excuse for returning on board drunk

3. I most certainly am not going to buy any of the scran bags I see in Fareham, wandering about without their caps on. Dunno about a drink, what about a talking too with whoever it is allows them out and about like that?

4. Ooh Rosie, you sound just like that "I'm a retired Captain, don't you know!" git that used to ring up JP if colours wasn't EXACTLY on time according to HIS watch :D

(I know what you mean though)

5. Rosie - You are obviously referring to RN personnel, but to be truthful I have never ever seen a matielottie who didn't look like a bag o'shite whether wandering around Fareham/Guz/Rosyth or not. As for ever buying a matielottie a drink - FFS The Sun has to be joking :thumright:

RM

6. Trust you to spoil it Bergen
    I was just about to try and find my old uniform, lever myself into it and go looking for free beer

7. I would definitely make an exception in your case Slim and lash you up to a few tots: I bet you look spiffing with your pigtail plaited and Stockholm tarred :thumright:

RM

8. If only I had enough hair to put in a pigtail.

9. I haven't seen the editorial but am always suspicious of anything the Sun says. The pendulum is obviously swinging in our favour again. Naturally we should be grateful for their patronage. God Bless you The Sun.

Tossers. :tp: They make me want to :pukel:

SF

10. ... that said I obvioulsy wouldn't want to offend a member of the public who wanted to buy me a drink. Cake and eat it? Wot - me??

SF :thumright: :salut:

11. Hey - I've just managed to call it up and read some of the comments left by members of the public. One bird called clarity says:

It their own fault for doing the job in the first place.............my sympathies rest with the dead of Iraq.

What a FREAK!! Exactly who do these idiots think they are? :threaten:

SF

12. I don't believe it - I will never ever believe ANYTHING others tell me about what is in the Scum.

The whole lot of them are just cheats and liars. (The sun people that is).

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sun? People? Hmm, now I'm confoodled... which paper is it?! 8O :?

14. The bog paper.

15. How is it, no matter what newspaper it is, people on here bash it?

16. sgtpepperband

Hmm, the clue might be that, although 'The Scum' is made of paper, it does not necessarily have any 'news' in it.

Now the 'Morning Star'; there's a fine periodical. :thumright:

17. Ha ha, I wonder why Sgt.

Btw, like my sig?

18. It is a brave man/woman/thingy who admits to actually buying The Sun never mind read the crap.

I rescued a percy who decided to impress the locals by walking about in uniform the local gutter trash had took his hat and where using it for a game of footie. Poor lad was near in tears he was only a youngster. Would this count as a buying a pint thingy.

19. sgtpepperband

Conceptual art, innit?! Prefer your questions, to be honest - they're funnier... :wink: :thumright:

20. That's not entirely fair, it's just that the Stun and the Wail tend to be most oft quoted.