The Earl of Wessex KG KCVO SOM ADC(P)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by canteenflat, Jan 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The RFA Fleet is to be fortified by the appointment of Edward as The Commodore-in-Chief The Royal Fleet Auxiliary.

Although a failed Bootneck of diminutive stature he will ,surely, be of commanding presence.
  2. Are you hooked?
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Barge. Or move it to Lil's please.
  4. Why is this fit only for the Gash Barge or whatever?. It's the truth-factual-determinable, unquestionable--But to you Cringe-Making?
  5. Blackrat

My point exactly.

At least in Lil's (or the barge) we can let rip.

To the OP. Don't take it to heart.
  6. You are suggesting that other than Lil's et al that in the more sober Current Affairs "letting rip" is not an option.

Quite agree. Sad MODs perhaps?
    Clearly didn't suffer the same school as I attended.
    Dr. Good, the Head, instilled in us each Wednesday forenoon that Current Affairs was what life should be argued about --never anodyne.
  7. Bloody Hell. Got it wrong again.

What's his latest title?

Just plain Commodore?
    He was merely a RFA Captain last time I spoke to him at the FAA Garden Party
  8. Rip Van Winkle experienced a similar shock when he finally woke up, too.
  9. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes
  10. As he never was one how can he be a failed Bootneck?
  11. Happy New Year Finks,

OK I'll take the bite :nemo: and keep you busy for a minute or two. :roll:

Wiki's view <<....On leaving university, Prince Edward joined the Royal Marines to train as an officer; however, he resigned his commission in January 1987, before graduation.....October 1986 – January 1987: Officer Cadet, Royal Marines....>>

As far as I recall he deserved a bz (lower case) as he made it to the Beret Issue (to prove a point) but he then stepped away as it was not for him.=-(

Thus, by withdrawing himself, most would find it hard to disagree that he failed to complete his training as a RM Officer.

Knowing that you have an interest, and a serving offspring, in the Corps all I am asking you is to enlighten us:

So please expand by telling us - When do you consider that one becomes either a Bootneck and alternatively a failed Bootneck?

(Depending on your reply the next question from someone might be whether or not you still think that the Earth is flat.)

12. And a 'Happy New Year' to you as well. As I understand it he dropped the towel in after only 4 months of the year long course, I could be wrong; it won't be the first time?
  13. Dropping the towel was certainly not the right thing to do in front of those cauliflower-eared rugby-playing short service Bootneck Subalterns
  14. I would say you only really become a Bootneck when you are given the order "Royal Marines to your duties...Quick march." on the Parade Ground at Lympstonia.
    Or in the case of RM Ossifers "Toodle pip Young Thruster, obey your Stripey until told otherwise.":geek:

Old news from Norman, who'da thunk it?:eek:
  15. A failed wannabe bootneck perhaps? The stripey once stated I can call Sir a cnut long as I finish with Sir at the end of the cnut can I not Sir..
  16. I would do his wife.

Just throwing that out there.
  17. He has at least twice!!!

His dad told him to!!
  18. Blackrat

Good call. Spitroast?
  19. Doesn’t his valet attend to that for him?