The Dunker 68

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought you were telling us that Dunkers was 68 vintage! :biggrin:

2. That brought it all back.

I remember memorising which side the block was in to suss out which way it would roll. If you heard a loud clunking you knew they had swopped sides and the mock up would roll the other way.

And I kin hate the divers who would block your escape exit- you were all bar stewards. :twisted:

3. Thought it was a peice of piss and a good larf/day off!

4. The miserable gits sat me right next to the main escape, piece of piss, down and roll, out and up.Says he.... Second run right at the back different kettle of fish, lights out! Wheres that bloody rail follow it round and out....nice certificate though. :wink:

5. Remember doing it when I was on my Lynx flight. Had to escape three times twice from the back and once from the front. Now how often is a POAEM(R) going to fly in the front seat of the Lynx? :oops:
    Must admit I thoroughly enjoyed the experience thpugh. :p

6. :roll: :roll: dont suppose you made your escape out of the window :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. If it was Ashanti wasp flight - frequently!!!!!!! :evil:

8. But it was a Lynx and no way was my Bos Boris going to let me sit in his seat and play with his toys :oops:

9. I used to be able to hold my breath for about 3 mins back in the day, worked in the dunker between drafts so had plenty of goes. Used to like to wait til the panic bosuns had scrambled out then sit there for another minute or so twiddling my thumbs waiting for the baby divers to come "rescue" me.
    They soon got wise to it though :(

10. When they introduced the 'new' NBC kit I used to sit until the diver pleaded for us to go. It was great having that extra few breaths of air available.

Revenge time!! :lol: :lol: :lol: